Escape to the Movies: Avengers: Assemble!

dehawaiiansupaman

Jan 2, 2008
Can't wait for these movies. I have high hopes for the Captain America movie (I really think Chris Evans can pull it off, just watch Sunshine and you'll understand). Also Jason Statham as Union Jack would be awesome. God these are going to be some great movies.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
ATTENTION MOVIEBOB AND USERS!

One thing not mentioned was in The Incredible Hulk, the character Samuel Sterns who after helping Bruce yet also Abomination gets some of the serum in his head wound as he grins at the camera...

...who is Sterns? THE LEADER!

TheHermit

Nov 30, 2009
Wow, I've never been a big comic book fan but you just got me excited! All this looks awesome.

swansman

Dec 21, 2009
Why is Chris Evans playing Captain America? Out of all the other actors in the whole world why him? In my mind he is not a good actor, plus I think of him as Johnny from Fantastic Four. Since Captain America fought in WWII I think Tom Hanks would be a better choice (although he is too old and doesn't match the description). I just can't think of any good actors for Cap. that have blond hair and blue eyes that is American. When I think of any American actors that match those descriptions all I can think about are douche bags (Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, Ryan Reynolds, Matt McConaughey, etc.). My second Choice would be Liam Neeson but guess what, he isn't American (although he has a voice that could command gods).
Then Daniel Craig comes to mind but he is 007 and that already makes him hate America and seeing him play Cap would be cool it just wouldn't look right.
I'm sure there are other great choices and if you have better choices just tell me I would like to talk about it.
So I guess Chris Evans will have to do because I'm not the one making the movie, I just needed to vent.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
and here i was wondering y tony stark was in that bad hulk movie \o/ now i know :D

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
Fantastic, I didn't know about the frozen cap body in Hulk, though I have heard some conjecture about there being a falling Thor during that thunderstorm.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
I can picture it now. Nick fury, Mighty Thor, Tony Stark, and Robert Bruce Banner showing up at the location of the broken glacier and Nick just wiping away the frost to show Cap's face and the camera pulls back to reveal the equipment to extract Cap from his icy coffin in the end of the Cap'n America movie or the beginning of The Avengers movie. I'm assuming Thor will most likely be the special feature in Iron Man 2 because in Iron Man you could see Cap's shield and/or symbol on Tony's work table.

Based on your Howard Stark theory and seeing the shield and/or symbol of Cap'n America in Iron Man I add to it by submitting that it's a possibility Howard Stark made Cap's suit and shield. Yes, that would especially be cool.

Rocketboy13

Oct 21, 2008
TheRealCJ said:
Ugh, do you know how MESSY time travel is going to make the cannon? You'd be better off just saying Mephisto has just been fucking with everyone.
Well I suppose that would work too, as would skrulls.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
The fact that there is going to be an Avengers movie is exciting enough... but knowing that there is going to be a movie about Thor makes me feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve.

Rocketboy13

Oct 21, 2008
Cosplay Horatio said:
Based on your Howard Stark theory and seeing the shield and/or symbol of Cap'n America in Iron Man I add to it by submitting that it's a possibility Howard Stark made Cap's suit and shield. Yes, that would especially be cool.
That would be my guess.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
Indeed Bob, it's gonna be pretty badass.

I hope when this movie comes out it destroys, I mean fucking sends Twilight into the shitter. Not that I hate the franchise, just saying I like my team when it comes to movie going.

We failed when Twilight beat out Dark Knight.

Feb 13, 2008
I can see two ways this could go.

Hollywood Version:
All the Avengers are "lonely everymans" with psychological problems.
Thor is "Lost", Iron Man is "Drunk", Hulk is "ANGRY!", Cap is "PROUD"
Sort of the seven dwarves of maleness, each will have to face their fears before they all come together for a big hug.

The "Excelsior" version:
Screw all that relating. The main magic here is the "POWER". Thor can "POWER" the Weather, Iron Man can "POWER" the Suit, Cap can "POWER" the Shield etc. so that the "One Magic Rule" can be kept intact despite the Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Pulp crossover.

That, IMHO, is how it should be played - and don't you remember Bob? Spiderman is being remade...who's to say our friendly neighbourhood wallcrawler won't be back with Shellhead and the others?

MARVEL can do crossovers well (The House of M) and REALLY badly (Inferno), but if they can keep this one on the rails, we're gonna have something that can't be ignored by the Oscars.

And if there's a Marvel...Bats, are you listening?

shadowstriker86

Feb 12, 2009
captain america, spiderman, ironman, the hulk, thor, and wolverine beating the crap out of uwe boll, the best movie ever.

Sinbeans

Apr 2, 2010
Epic!

Hopefully Iron Man 2 gives us a few more hints. Looking forward to seeing more Tony Stark, as well as War Machine and Nick Fury in action.