Escape to the Movies: Avengers: Assemble!

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Avengers: Assemble!

This week MovieBob gathers all the clues that seem to point to an Avengers film.

Watch Video

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Hell, all I know is: Nick Fury = Samuel L. Jackson.

Even if Iron Man 2 sucks, I'm going to feel happy after watching it.

That said, I have the problem that it's very likely that an Avengers movie is going to fuck up the continuity of 3-5 different film franchises, and that's if they DON'T decide to make a movie based on "Civil War". Like Bob said, there are MANY differences with the different films, even if they're all set loosely in the same universe.

GameGoddess101

Jun 11, 2009
Some very fascinating stuff there, Bob. I'm not really into marvel and I haven't seen Iron Man 1 or The Incredible Hulk (the latter because I've seen Ang Lee's version and I'm terrified!) But maybe I should consider seeing them now..

But what's ironic about this is I was just having this conversation with my boyfriend last night, and he seems to think the same thing... Now I have to see all this, just so I can see it come to some sort of head.

Nice nerdgasm.

Rocketboy13

Oct 21, 2008
Here is a way to make continuity a non issue:
Make Kang the Conqueror, the time traveling lord of time the main villain, and explain away any inconsistent canon as the ramifications of time travel.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Hopefully they take more cues from the Ultimate Universe. Whenever they copy that it turns out awesome.

Sosa Star

Nov 23, 2009
Could there have been anything hidden in Spiderman? I thought he was Marvel too. Not that I'd like more of Toby but Spiderman has always been my favorite comic character and to see him wisecrack and annoy Cap would be awsome for me

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Rocketboy13 said:
Here is a way to make continuity a non issue:
Make Kang the Conqueror, the time traveling lord of time the main villain, and explain away any inconsistent canon as the ramifications of time travel.
Ugh, do you know how MESSY time travel is going to make the cannon? You'd be better off just saying Mephisto has just been fucking with everyone.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Hmmm, seems interesting to say the least, never saw the scene at the end of Iron Man, or Hulk. But still I like your views on Scarlett Johansson, couldnt agree more

LordVyreth

Jan 22, 2010
Sosa Star said:
Could there have been anything hidden in Spiderman? I thought he was Marvel too. Not that I'd like more of Toby but Spiderman has always been my favorite comic character and to see him wisecrack and annoy Cap would be awsome for me
Sadly, Spiderman and X-men as movie franchises are owned by different studios. This was before superhero movies got big enough that Marvel could justify its own studio. Still, the contracts will run out eventually.

Anyway, this Avengers stuff is pretty cool. Let's just hope it doesn't lead to the Civil War stuff, though.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Time to start brushing up on my Marvel. Without tracking down 100s of comics. Anyone have a good reference site?

eels05

Jun 11, 2009
Yes Scarlett Johansen in skin-tight body suit.

Thor..wonder how Fundamental Christian groups will take to a depiction of a Norse Man-God as an American hero.Cant wait to see how that story is depicted.

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
kinda ninja'd
do you think the spiderman reboot will be connected to this in anyway?

laryri

May 19, 2008
There was a clip from Iron Man 2 that supposedly contained Donald Blake.

DeAvatar

Mar 27, 2009
I don't believe Mr. Statham will turn down any movies since Dungeon Siege. I know I would want to do as many movies as possible to get that taste out of my mouth.

bikeninja

Oct 4, 2007
Onyx Oblivion said:
Time to start brushing up on my Marvel. Without tracking down 100s of comics. Anyone have a good reference site?
all the comics you need:

http://comicsworld.wordpress.com/

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
TVTropes mate, they have a fairly long-winded explanation of most of the major Marvel/DC franchises (although you may never re-emerge from that place...)

Failing that, just Wikipedia the fucker.

capacollo

Nov 17, 2009
Enjoyed that review ... I don't care so much about crossing story lines too much. Just the attempt albeit loose is cool. As well studios can simply reboot the storyline as need be and in general people don't seem to care too much.