Escape to the Movies: Avengers: Assemble!

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
Iron man 1 had comment that howard stark worked on the Manhattan project, so yeah, he was alive during the war.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
MovieBob said:
Avengers: Assemble!

This week MovieBob gathers all the clues that seem to point to an Avengers film.

Be sure to join Escape to the Movies Facebook Fan Page here [http://www.facebook.com/pages/Escape-to-the-Movies/374853431247].

Watch Video
I always thought that thunderstorm in the middle of the Hulk film was related to Thor... I'm just speculating here but what if in the Thor movie... that Thunderstorm is made reference to and is shown to have been caused by Thor... maybe in a big battle or just testing out powers. Given the way these two films have worked with references to each other. I wouldn't be surprised one bit. What do you reckon Bob?... do you think that the storm was just a coincidence or a nod to the Thor movie?.

Rhino of Steel

Sep 29, 2008
I'm really excited to see how the Avengers movie ends up as long as there are no serious issues with the Captain America and Thor movies.

Speaking of, have they announced the villains for those yet? Been a little while since I looked and it could help determine who will be the Big Bad (or Bads) for the Avengers. Although I suppose they could always have a Hulk goes nuts plot since that is usually entertaining.

There is no way they'd do Civil War for a first Avengers movie, especially when so many Marvel characters are contracted with other studios. Maybe for a sequel though which could be neat or terrible since the whole storyline is kinda hit or miss.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
I'm really looking forward to Iron Man 2. It's a bold move to tie all these films in together, but if done right it could be the greatest thing ever. The Avengers movie will be the hardest one to write/direct as you'd have to marry all the movies' styles and tones together, but still make it fresh. Good luck Marvel.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
I suppose it's too much to hope for that the Spiderman reboot will get in on this. Marvel lost the movie rights or something, correct?

Geamo

Aug 27, 2008
I've been keeping my eye on this - it's nice that you compiled it all.

Cannot WAIT for these. Marvel have always seemed to have more of a proactive force in moviemaking compared to DC, and so indeed - good stuff.

brums405

Nov 18, 2009
I'm pretty sure they have the actors pinned down for both Thor and Captain America. Kirk's dad from star trek and then the human torch as captain america.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
the 2 animated movies were very good, but he didnt mention a single thing of spiderman

helvedes

Apr 9, 2010
Awesome recap Bob. But there is even more to add to the nerdgasm and the theory that Tony Starks father had something to do with the creation of Captain America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIVeuYqjMlk

Good stuff

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Time to start brushing up on my Marvel. Without tracking down 100s of comics. Anyone have a good reference site?
This. http://marvel.wikia.com/Main_Page

JWW

Jan 6, 2010
You are such a nerd and it only makes me love you more (in a less creepy, non-gay kinda way).

Resin213

Jan 22, 2009
Iron Man and Incredible Hulk left me very hopeful in this regard...
all Movies X-men related smell like stinky feet.....but I think separate studios have all those rights
The jury is still out for me regarding the spidey reboot, I think Tobey is a decent actor but was basicly a miscast from the start, who did his best in the role, I want to see someone funnier. - Spidey is not controlled by marvel either correct?

The thing with comics is if you don't like an issue or arc you can always re-write it or pretend it doesn't exist, Fantastic WHo? Never heard of 'em.

TomOfTheCross

Jun 23, 2009
Avengers all in all is awesome, that's been explained now.
I was (and still) a little worried how they were going to pull it off outside of the comic world.

But something else puzzles me, I'm pretty sure that Kick-Ass came out this week.
You said that nothing good had come out recently.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I absolutely LOVE cross overs, just something about them makes me so happy

Also some people might think this racist but COME ON! Why did they make Nick Fury Black!??! (Yes I realize Black Fury is Ultimate Fury but still)if anything this is the regular Marvel Universe NOT the Ultimate marvel universe!! I wish they'd start putting the proper actors for the proper roles, like a white guy playing a white guy and etc. Sure the actors who play these characters are great (example: Samuel playing Nick) but I still can't stand it

Resin213

Jan 22, 2009
@Tom, Kickass releases April 16th where I am.
Can't wait.

regarding a Black Nick Fury - I felt this way, but have come to accept the new Nick Fury - it helps to have him in the ultimate universe

standokan

May 28, 2009
it sounds like a conspiracy, understanding a little makes me feel smart, and bob keep doing things like this please.