Escape to the Movies: Black Swan

Chani07

Sep 26, 2010
It looks amazing! And i will not miss it for anything in the world. Everything about it seems great. Excellent review! :D

automatron

Apr 21, 2010
Wow.
I was really surprised about this review, and this movie.
I didn't think it was something i'd be interested in, but now I'm intrigued

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
raven_glory said:
Nice Accent, very posh. I like how the english are americas ideal of intelligence and taste, obviously never been to england
Are you dizzy blood? *holds up knife*

Prime example.

OT: YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... hot.

Tim Chuma

Jul 9, 2010
It's being compared this movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFcOqyWBKYg (The Red Shoes (1948)), which is a big wrap considering this one is regarded as a classic.

Even though I have not seen Requiem for a Dream I have heard of "that scene" in it which is similar to what happens in Black Swan (or maybe not.)

Chameliondude

Jul 21, 2009
Im english and this is actually hurting my ears, please stop talking in your awful sudo english but clearly american accent.

Good review though...

Seamus8

Mar 26, 2008
Woodsey said:
You should shoot the voice coach who told you how to pronounce naivety - I'm sorry, I mean naiver-TAY.

I jest, it wasn't half bad, I guess.
Naiveté... naivety isn't a word.

Pronounced usually just as he'd done it, though Naiv-tay also works. I remember that caused an embarassing moment for me the first time I pronounced it asking what it meant, sounding as "corvette".

elpresidente

Feb 10, 2008
I'll watch it because of Natalie. She's pretty. I like pretty women. Creepy wereswan thing is kinda creepy, but I'll have to endure it.

HotFezz8

Nov 1, 2009
that posh accent was funny and amazing (really, wow movie bob i didn#t know you could do that. good effort!) but i think you held it too long, the joke started to drag.

other than that love the review and all mentioned in it. good effort :)

p.s. thinking about it this pretty much makes up for the expendables

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
I wonder when this will be out in Finland?

It has psychological horror, ballet and lesbians? Sounds like a movie for me!

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Seamus8 said:
Woodsey said:
You should shoot the voice coach who told you how to pronounce naivety - I'm sorry, I mean naiver-TAY.

I jest, it wasn't half bad, I guess.
Naiveté... naivety isn't a word.

Pronounced usually just as he'd done it, though Naiv-tay also works. I remember that caused an embarassing moment for me the first time I pronounced it asking what it meant, sounding as "corvette".
Of course, that's why the Oxford dictionary has naivety listed as a word with a definition then.

Pronunciation:/nʌɪˈiːvti, nɑːˈiːvti/
(also naïvety)

noun (plural naiveties)
[mass noun]
lack of experience, wisdom, or judgement:

his appalling naivety in going to the press
innocence or unsophistication:
the charm and naivety of the early to mid fifties
[count noun] a naive act.

itsOn

Dec 4, 2010
Bob, c'mon! Black Swan? No shit? ..and then "highly recomended piece". Realy?
Why should I pay a dime to see some kissing girls? I have internet.

Gunnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
Tim Chuma said:
It's being compared this movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFcOqyWBKYg (The Red Shoes (1948)), which is a big wrap considering this one is regarded as a classic.
+ Suspiria

If you aren't willing to accept a b movie melodrama don't go see it.

trooper6

Jul 26, 2008
My issue with Bob's focus on the "Hot Lesbian Sex Scene"--is that everything I've read from film critics I have respect for says that the sex scene isn't hot...rather, it is disturbing...and filmed to be disturbing. But Bob goes on and on about it in a decontextualized way caught up in his own fetish rather than what is actually going on on screen...which actually is objectifying.

And no, I'm not a prude. I think sex in films is fine. But I think being immature when talking about it isn't so fine. I also don't think it is fine the way in which lesbian sexuality keeps getting reframed as being about pleasing a male onlooker, and "lesbians" are always played as straight looking and straight acting women who remain sexually available to men. News flash, that has nothing to do with actual lesbians.

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
The "Requiem" guy made another movie and there is lesbian sex in it? Fuck YEAH!

Seriously, I am seeing this.

And isn't Black Swan a cool superhero name?

Seamus8

Mar 26, 2008
Woodsey said:
Of course, that's why the Oxford dictionary has naivety listed as a word with a definition then.

Pronunciation:/nʌɪˈiːvti, nɑːˈiːvti/
(also naïvety)

noun (plural naiveties)
[mass noun]
lack of experience, wisdom, or judgement:

his appalling naivety in going to the press
innocence or unsophistication:
the charm and naivety of the early to mid fifties
[count noun] a naive act.
Never trust an english dictionary with a french word.