Escape to the Movies: Breaking Dawn, Part 1

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Ah, Twilight... i've only seen the first movie and the best thing i could say about it was, that it was much better than the book it was based on... which is kinda admirable, in a way. I mean, don't get me wrong, it was still bad, but they were at least trying to make something good out of a really, really horrible book.

Frizzle

Nov 11, 2008
Haha nice. I've never seen, nor have any intention of seeing any of these movies, but it's still fun to hear you rip on them. Nice review Bob.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
My sister and two of her friends camped out in lawn chairs for three hours to get into the opening midnight show of this movie.

Sometimes I worry about her.

Uzbekistan

Dec 17, 2009
Bob

I feel sorry for you

I really wish they hadn't made a movie out of the series.

Yes, the series sang it's siren song at me when I was a tween, but I snapped out of it fast.

But to make a movie??

That's sick people.

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
Couldn't Bob review the penguin movie and summarize this blasphemy in a sentence at the end? :(

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Bob, for the sake of your sanity I think we'll all understand if you skip out on the finale. I think we all know what you're gonna say about it, and there's no chance in Hell more than a few of us would see it anyways. You don't have to hurt yourself for our sakes anymore. It's time to heal.

OT: No surprises here. I'll be spending my time doing other things that are more condusive towards a Utopian society. Like clubbing baby seals, selling crystal meth to toddlers, and shoving carrots into random people's ears while whistling the 'Doug' theme song.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Toothbrush... WTF?! D:

BTW, I'm still on the fence about abortion. I'm leaning more toward pro-choice, though.

Ashoten

Aug 29, 2010
Wait. If the wearwolves despise a vampire/human hybrid then why did they invest so much time and effort into protecting Bella? They had to have known that a half breed was one potential outcome of Bella and Edward being together. This makes no F-ing sense.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Why would we go down this twilight track again? Good lord, I still have flashbacks from the thread that spawned from the New Moon review.

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
Well hey, that Rampage one looks pretty good.

But yeah, thanks for putting up with this, Bob. Go and get back to Mario 3D. You deserve it.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Damn. I'm just getting an error message when I try to play the vid.

Was so looking forward to one of Bob's apoplectic hate rants.

imei2011

Jul 9, 2011
It's almost over just one more movie and it's eventual dvd release, and then we can all move past this... right?....right?

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Well, that wasn't quite as venomous as I expected.. though Bob does have a point, at this point there really just isn't anywhere near as much pro-Twilight zeitgeist as there used to be on any front, so there's not much point in stating it's clearly problematic existence. Those who do still care about it are even further beyond "help" than could ever be offered.

For those who are looking for a more scathing review, however, I recommend the excellently written one done by Hitfix's Drew McWeeny:
http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/motion-captured/posts/review-the-twilight-saga-breaking-dawn-part-i-is-beautiful-but-hard-to-watch

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
The penguin movie.

I laughed.

So, Bob. Was it anything like what Devin over at Badassdigest wanted to see?

http://www.chud.com/21684/the-devins-advocate-why-breaking-dawn-must-be-made-into-a-movie/

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Wait wait wait wait, you mean Twilight pushes traditional gender roles? Damn it!! Now I'm going to have to jump on that hate bandwagon. I'm all for abstinence, but I hate traditional gender roles.

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
at this point, I don't think Mrs. Meyer could even count on her Fellow LDS members for ticket sales. let's hope she invested her returns well.

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
Tuesday Night Fever said:
My sister and two of her friends camped out in lawn chairs for three hours to get into the opening midnight show of this movie.

Sometimes I worry about her.
My wife's friends begged her to go see this with them, so she did. She said that apparently there were people on line at 2 p.m. to get into the midnight showing. So yeah, ten hours. Sitting in line. For Twilight.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Dammit, they phoned in the stupid stuff?
That would've actually made this movie worth seeing. Well, I guess there's little hope for me to see the Vampire C-section in part 2 in all its moronic glory now.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Thanks for the synopses, i never saw any of them but can actually hold a conversation with some1 that has thanks to these reviews XD