Escape to the Movies: Broken City

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
Nice review but...Did you post this a day early Bob?
Are you gonna be busy tomorrow?

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Wow Anne Hathaway starring in a Shakespeare production? It's almost uncanny. Oh wait, that's because it's about as funny as Carrie Underwood marrying Mike Fisher, thus becoming new Carrie Fisher.

Urh

Oct 9, 2010
I'm with Bob in regards to Gremlins. Except with many, many more no's.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
What, people upset about the Gremlins reboot? But reboots are cool, look at Devil May Cry. Stop your whining and enjoy your shitty reboot aimed at dumb 13yr olds with CGI gremlins and plenty of pointless cursing. Maybe they'll get Michael Bay to direct! Oh, what's, when it's something you like its not okay to reboot it?

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
I may me preaching to the choir here, but isn't the whole point of the female lead in Taming of the Shrew that she's not in any way attractive or graceful, and that the male lead is only perusing her for her money?

Who the fuck thought that Anne Hathaway was the right person to cast here?! Does Hollywood really put no more thought into these things other than "We need a chick to front this movie. Hey, that Anne Hathaway is popular right now, let cast her. Genius!"?

Also you did give us permission to get it out of the way early so tee hee hee Anne Hathaway was also the name of Shakespeare's wife what a coincidence!

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
Good.

So long as they have eyeballs on rebooting Gremlins and Smurfs, there's a good chance they'll leave Goonies alone.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
No.
No. No. No. No.
No. No. No. No.
No. No. No. No.
No. No. No. No.
etc.

you leave my Gremlins alone, dammit.

scarab7

Jun 20, 2009
Good to know Broken City isn't bad, and I could really careless about The Last Stand. What I really wanted was a review of Mama.

and I'll agree that Gremlins needs to be left the hell alone.

Elijah Newton

Sep 17, 2008
While I'm just as happy to have the Swartzenegger flick summarized ("It's good it's just not five minutes of review material good"), I found it ironic that Broken City clocked in at about 3 minutes 30 sec.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I see Ahnold tonight. Bob says if I liked "Eraser" (and I did, a lot) then I'll like this. If it is as good as Eraser, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Phuctifyno

Jul 6, 2010
Not a Lit Major, but somewhat a Bardophile.... tee hee hee hee hee hee...

teeeeee hee heeh eehee heheh ehe h huk ugh hack. cough.

OT: Looks good, I'll check it out if I can. Surprised you didn't mention Ben Affleck's (directed) movies in this review. Seems similar.

Phuctifyno

Jul 6, 2010
NinjaDeathSlap said:
I may me preaching to the choir here, but isn't the whole point of the Joker in The Dark Knight that he's not in any way attractive or graceful, and that the God-Damn Batman is only pummeling him for justice?

Who the fuck thought that Heath Ledger was the right person to cast here?! Does Hollywood really put no more thought into these things other than "We need a dude to front this movie. Hey, that Heath Ledger is popular right now, let cast him. Genius!"?
answer: ACTING!