Escape to the Movies: Centurion

Tim Chuma

Jul 9, 2010
There's a song about the original movie Pirahna
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcgWttEdQMg

The band singing it is named after an old exploitation movie "I Spit on Your Grave"

The singer is the one who recommended the new movie to me.

Gutkrusha

Nov 19, 2009
That Piranha movie was so abysmal, i'd have preferred to spend my 9 dollars having someone repeatedly kick me in the balls. I went to see The Expendables twice. Same with Scott Pilgrim. Get over it, Bob.

wandererbkb

May 15, 2010
Atmos Duality said:
Axolotl said:
People didn't complain because you critisised the Expendables.

They complained because you insulted people whio went to see it.

You see the difference between those 2 things?
That indeed.
If a critic cannot separate the movie from the audience, then s/he probably shouldn't review movies.

Yes, I recognize that demographic sales drive movie production; that still doesn't give anyone the right to automatically assume that every living soul that saw the Expendables did it because they "loved the film" as an action-junkie "douchebag".

In short: To make assumptions about the audience in such a way is unprofessional; calling them names is childish.

Notice that I did not excuse "The Expendables" as a film from criticism. It isn't. Nothing is, including Movie Bob's reviews.
You've hit the nail on the head with this.

Da Joz

May 19, 2009
I planned on skipping Centurion but it became available for streaming on Netflix so I checked it out and I must say that I liked it much better than The Expendables. I am going to have to check out Doomsday, The Descent and Dog Soldiers.

UrbanCohort

Nov 30, 2009
Funnily enough, while I like watching MovieBob's review and agree with most of his assessments, I actually enjoyed the Expendables but ragequit about halfway through Centurion...go figure.

DreadfulSorry

Feb 3, 2009
I didn't watch Centurion until recently, and I have to say, I really appreciated it from a historical perspective. It's nice to see a movie about the Romans where they AREN'T just a bunch of white guys...I think just about the only other series I've seen that grasped the diversity of the Romans was Spartacus, Blood and Sand :\ Although I haven't watched the HBO Rome series yet...