Escape to the Movies: Centurion

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Centurion

This week MovieBob takes a peek at Piranha 3D and wraps up with the epic Centurion.

Watch Video

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
People didn't complain because you critisised the Expendables.

They complained because you insulted people whio went to see it.

You see the difference between those 2 things?

Nice to know Centurion is good though I'll have to pick up the DVD sometime.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
In this thread: People continue their discussion of the expendables from last week because no one knows how to let anything go.

Was expecting more of a review this week. I understand that nothing good came out, but still...

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
Centurion looks intresting, Piranha 3D not so much, i like the idea of seeing Vicy killing legions of fish but i've been disapointed before, besides i'm one of those people who like a good story in there films.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
I think you've missed the general point of the criticism you've received over your Expendables review.
Just to reiterate: it's not that people thought that the Expendables were prone to negative comments, it's just that people who liked it don't like getting name-called and insulted, which you did through that and even this video.
Oh, and your reasons for liking Piranha are more than a little questionable. You seem to embrace the film the best point of which for you is nudity.
Other than that, the review's alright.

Jul 22, 2009
Pirahna 3D looked terrible at first glance. May have to check it out.

Gxas said:
In this thread: People continue their discussion of the expendables from last week because no one knows how to let anything go.
You called it right.

Lets hope for a almost serious discussion. (I know it's hard people)

SamStar42

Oct 16, 2009
Bob: First things first, I'm not a jock. Almost exact opposite. Please stop using that persona as a way of insulting people who disagree with you.

And yes, as Axolotl says - I didn't not like your review purely because you stated the film was bad. I didn't like your 'review' because all you did was insult people who liked it, and pretty much gave the entire movie-going public a telling off for going to see the bigger movie.

And nice going on the whole 'Piranha 3D is better because Kelly Brook gets in on with another chick', your opinion's starting to slide further down my scale of critic's I should listen to.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
So....... essentially a good film is just tonnes of blood and a pair of tits?

Next week, Bob reviews "Backdoor Housewives 6: Shagged & Stabbed"

Arawn.Chernobog

Nov 17, 2009
Great review Bob, don't bother with the "whining" done over the review of expendables, some people are just so ridiculously easily offended... God forbid someone says something that you disagree with ON THE INTERNET!

Anyway, might check Centurion out, honestly I was afraid it'd just be ANOTHER one of those movies trying to chip in the King Arthur legend with the 9th Legion, like we need another one of those...

Arawn.Chernobog

Nov 17, 2009
wooty said:
So....... essentially a good film is just tonnes of blood and a pair of tits?

Next week, Bob reviews "Backdoor Housewives 6: Shagged & Stabbed"
A Good BAD film, you know like in the weird "Ed Wood" kinda way...

craddoke

Mar 18, 2010
Wait... I'm pretty certain more than one of those guys in Expendables qualifies as a trained monkey.

Brainst0rm

Apr 8, 2010
So if the Expendables had some hot lesbian intercourse, it would have been alright? For someone who gives credibility to his opinions by lavishing hate all those low-culture 'frat boys', you certainly do your best to appeal to them.

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
For your next review do you think you could put your brains back in your pants please?

If Stallone had been wearing a pair of fake breasts throughout the movie would you have enjoyed it?

(Why am I getting weird mental images of a "To Wong Foo" sequel?)

lead sharp

Nov 15, 2009
Stopped watching when he brought up the two female leads.

For fucks sake either invest in bromide or get a girlfriend.

No one cared about your review of the expendables, they cared about being badly insulted for liking it.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I was right. Bob did like Doomsday! Well...my day is now complete. 2 Straight weeks it has been mentioned.

I wasn't even aware another Neil Marshall film was out. I will likely have to go see it now.

Piranha 3D...not really interested, maybe I'll see it when it's out on DVD. Maybe.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Axolotl said:
People didn't complain because you critisised the Expendables.

They complained because you insulted people whio went to see it.

You see the difference between those 2 things?
That indeed.
If a critic cannot separate the movie from the audience, then s/he probably shouldn't review movies.

Yes, I recognize that demographic sales drive movie production; that still doesn't give anyone the right to automatically assume that every living soul that saw the Expendables did it because they "loved the film" as an action-junkie "douchebag".

In short: To make assumptions about the audience in such a way is unprofessional; calling them names is childish.

Notice that I did not excuse "The Expendables" as a film from criticism. It isn't. Nothing is, including Movie Bob's reviews.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Gxas said:
Ha, your definitely right on that one.