Escape to the Movies: Centurion

Da Joz

May 19, 2009
I was expecting "the last excorcism" but "centurion" looks ok and I already saw "Piranha".

JacobPlackett

Oct 25, 2008
The only thing watchable on the site now is the LoadingReadyRun team and Unskippable now. Sigh.(That includes ENN)

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
SamStar42 said:
Also, you people agreeing with Bob: You're missing the point as well. We're not annoyed because he didn't like it. We're annoyed because he insulted people that liked it, and then talked down at people because they didn't see the indie film, and instead saw the blockbuster.
Isn't that what Yahtzee does in just about every video he's ever made?

LoL, this site entertains me...=D

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
lead sharp said:
Stopped watching when he brought up the two female leads.

For fucks sake either invest in bromide or get a girlfriend.

No one cared about your review of the expendables, they cared about being badly insulted for liking it.
I watched the rest on account of not being the one at the keyboard. It didn't get any better. All that followed was him pretending to review his marquee film.

wolfshrimp

May 6, 2009
maddawg IAJI said:
We are not the generic Gamer. We play those games, sure, but we prefer the Story Telling in most cases.

As for movies? Guess what? I preferred Inception over Watchman and Avatar. Story Telling and Characters will always win my appeal over gore and special effects.
You. I like you, you make sense *gives cookie*

NOW. Just got one thing to say, maybe somebody mentioned it already but I'm on page 4 of the comments and starting to get mindpain.

I KNOW WHY MOVIEBOB HATED THE EXPENDABLES.

The answer was in this review. MovieBob likes Kelly Brook. MovieBob hates Michael Bay (understandable on this point, his films give me headaches). Who did Kelly Brook used to date for a long time? Jason Statham, who recently officially got together with Rosie Huntington-Whitely (drools) who is MUCH younger than dear Ms. Brook and also going to be in Transformers 3.

MovieBob is an ally of Kelly Brook against the Stath and is avenging her honour by dumping on Stath's latest movie while getting a tacit swing at Michael Bay.

Nothing matters, I think he's wrong about last week and this week...meh... I've met Neil Marshall, he's a nice bloke :D

Bye people

Edit: Y'know, I kinda found it refreshing that there was no female character overtly crowbarred into the plot of the Expendables, I mean there was A chick (not a looker) but the whole feeling was a bit more paternal/platonic than your usual thing. At least it didn't pander to THAT demographic.

ThePuzzldPirate

Oct 4, 2009
Nomanslander said:
SamStar42 said:
Also, you people agreeing with Bob: You're missing the point as well. We're not annoyed because he didn't like it. We're annoyed because he insulted people that liked it, and then talked down at people because they didn't see the indie film, and instead saw the blockbuster.

I totally agree with you, I kinda surprised so many people are upset that someone over the internet called them "sheep", I've heard worse over X-box live and I don't get my panties in a knot, you know why, I DON"T KNOW HIM!!!!

What? do you expect an apology from Bob this late, after you guys spent last week and probably this week insulting him, it's not how the world works.

And stop bringing up Scott Pilgrim, it has nothing to do with with this weeks video, so your argument is pointless. (not to the person I'm quoting.)

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
wolfshrimp said:
maddawg IAJI said:
We are not the generic Gamer. We play those games, sure, but we prefer the Story Telling in most cases.

As for movies? Guess what? I preferred Inception over Watchman and Avatar. Story Telling and Characters will always win my appeal over gore and special effects.
You. I like you, you make sense *gives cookie*

NOW. Just got one thing to say, maybe somebody mentioned it already but I'm on page 4 of the comments and starting to get mindpain.

I KNOW WHY MOVIEBOB HATED THE EXPENDABLES.

The answer was in this review. MovieBob likes Kelly Brook. MovieBob hates Michael Bay (understandable on this point, his films give me headaches). Who did Kelly Brook used to date for a long time? Jason Statham, who recently officially got together with Rosie Huntington-Whitely (drools) who is MUCH younger than dear Ms. Brook and also going to be in Transformers 3.

MovieBob is an ally of Kelly Brook against the Stath and is avenging her honour by dumping on Stath's latest movie while getting a tacit swing at Michael Bay.

Nothing matters, I think he's wrong about last week and this week...meh... I've met Neil Marshall, he's a nice bloke :D

Bye people

Edit: Y'know, I kinda found it refreshing that there was no female character overtly crowbarred into the plot of the Expendables, I mean there was A chick (not a looker) but the whole feeling was a bit more paternal/platonic than your usual thing. At least it didn't pander to THAT demographic.
That's the worse link to Kevin Bacon I have ever seen! You didn't even try did you!? [/jokes]

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
SamStar42 said:
Bob: First things first, I'm not a jock. Almost exact opposite. Please stop using that persona as a way of insulting people who disagree with you.

And yes, as Axolotl says - I didn't not like your review purely because you stated the film was bad. I didn't like your 'review' because all you did was insult people who liked it, and pretty much gave the entire movie-going public a telling off for going to see the bigger movie.

And nice going on the whole 'Piranha 3D is better because Kelly Brook gets in on with another chick', your opinion's starting to slide further down my scale of critic's I should listen to.
Isn't movie bob one of the most vicious critics of Megan Fox because she offers nothing but sexuality that we could all get for free on the internet? Or is Kelly Brooks just that much better at acting during a lesbian love scene?

Sky Captanio

May 11, 2009
This whole "Blood makes a good movie" thing has completely turned me off Moviebob. Good characters, story, cinematography and action scenes (if it's an action) make a good movie. Blood has ruined films for me before.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
ThePuzzldPirate said:
Nomanslander said:
SamStar42 said:

I totally agree with you, I kinda surprised so many people are upset that someone over the internet called them "sheep", I've heard worse over X-box live and I don't get my panties in a knot, you know why, I DON"T KNOW HIM!!!!
Because, as we all know, the 12 year olds on X-Box live are all paid reviewers... actually that would explain Gamespot...
ThePuzzldPirate said:
What? do you expect an apology from Bob this late, after you guys spent last week and probably this week insulting him, it's not how the world works.
There are some insults in that thread, but the bulk is actual constructive criticism. You want advice on how the world works, it doesn't reform reality to conform to your preconceptions, or to let you argue without research.
ThePuzzldPirate said:
And stop bringing up Scott Pilgrim, it has nothing to do with with this weeks video, so your argument is pointless. (not to the person I'm quoting.)
Except, Bob brought up Scott Pilgrim, last week. The entire core of him insulting his fan base was that they hadn't brought the ticket sales of a limited release film up to beat out a blockbuster with a cast list that looks like the founders list for Planet Hollywood.

DayDark

Oct 31, 2007
Didn't know about centurion, but they both sound pretty entertaining! Loved The Descend, and Dog Soldiers, hated Doomsday though.

bleh002

Jan 8, 2010
I skipped through most of your review Moviebob. Well, not the review, since it was about 1 minute of the video. I skipped past your obsessing with breasts, naked women and justifying your opinions. Listen, I'm a lesbian, I understand how awesome boobs are, but I tend not to talk about them when I'm trying to do my job, since it's not as a plastic surgeon or a Best Breast judge.

I saw Centurion last week at Toronto After Dark. I think the movie should have ended about 15 minutes before it did, and they should have cut out that crap attempt at a 'romance subplot'. Honestly, the ending was just garbage and came perilously close to ruining it for me. Also, I was rooting for the Picts about midway through since I just didn't care enough about the Romans to want to see them succeed anymore.

The action was cool, but it seemed like they were copying 300 ('I am Roman, I will not...yield') and I thought the Roman General was played by whatsis face the Spartan. Most of the people around me fell asleep through it though, which leads me to think the pacing was a bit off.

kaces

Aug 21, 2010
Canid117 said:
SamStar42 said:
Bob: First things first, I'm not a jock. Almost exact opposite. Please stop using that persona as a way of insulting people who disagree with you.

And yes, as Axolotl says - I didn't not like your review purely because you stated the film was bad. I didn't like your 'review' because all you did was insult people who liked it, and pretty much gave the entire movie-going public a telling off for going to see the bigger movie.

And nice going on the whole 'Piranha 3D is better because Kelly Brook gets in on with another chick', your opinion's starting to slide further down my scale of critic's I should listen to.
Isn't movie bob one of the most vicious critics of Megan Fox because she offers nothing but sexuality that we could all get for free on the internet? Or is Kelly Brooks just that much better at acting during a lesbian love scene?
Megan fox is a bad actress who doesn't get naked. Kelly Brook gets naked (i don't know if shes a good actress or not though).

Along those lines, i've always wondered why he likes scarlett johansen - she's a pretty bad actress, just as full of herself as megan fox and really not as hot as her either.

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
Lol at everyone still bitching about The Expendables. Get the fuck over it.

My friends and I will go see Piranha but only because so many have said it'll fall into the "so bad, it's good" category.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
SamStar42 said:

Bing....Bingo, bingo, bingo....and bingo.

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
For everyone who still doesn't get it, people are offended because Bob used to be REALLY good, and now seems to be nothing more than a little lazy, pointing out the obvious, and not admitting bias.

They aren't crying out to what somebody called them, they are crying out to what BOB called them, a person who they previously put a lot of reliability on in deciding wether or not something would be truly worth watching, and now they are watching him slide into a shallow lazy idiot who can't be bothered to find out why people didn't like his review.

Edit: the whole Yahtzee thing is shallow, we go to Yahtzee KNOWING that will happen, and so we go in prepared to enjoy it, as stated above, Bob used to be better than that.

J-Dude

Dec 16, 2009
Arisato-kun said:
Lol at everyone still bitching about The Expendables. Get the fuck over it.

My friends and I will go see Piranha but only because so many has said it'll fall into the "so bad, it's good" category.
Agreed.

MovieBob is right, you people are wrong if you disagree. End of story.

The movies are easily one of the most important artistic mediums of our time, and it is essential that whatever happens on the corporate end, movies STAY art. Art is culture, and without culture, we're worse than dead.

So yes, I think he is WELL within his right to insult any moron funding shit like "Expendables" which makes money without even trying to be a good movie in any sense of the word. We wouldn't have to worry about bad films profiting over good ones if you morons actually maintained a semblance of taste and artistic appreciation. Movies will only get worse and worse from a critical and artistic standpoint if we, the consumer, keep telling Hollywood we want the beef jerky instead of the Fillet Mignon. Guys like MovieBob and myself try our hardest to do OUR part on that matter, but make no mistake, if you guys keep buying bad movies and forsaking the good ones, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM, and you deserve ALL the abuse you GET. So man the Hell up, be part of the solution, and stop being a douchebag.

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
Note One: I am apparently completely out of touch with what is going on nowadays because I had no idea that there was even a movie coming out called Centurion.

I also expected more negativity concerning the Piranha movie. The trailers seemed pretty stupid, but I guess not..?

lead sharp

Nov 15, 2009
Warachia said:
For everyone who still doesn't get it, people are offended because Bob used to be REALLY good, and now seems to be nothing more than a little lazy, pointing out the obvious, and not admitting bias.
They aren't crying out to what somebody called them, they are crying out to what BOB called them, a person who they previously put a lot of reliability on in deciding wether or not something would be truly worth watching, and now they are watching hom slide into a shallow lazy idiot who can't be bothered to find out why people didn't like his review.
amen