Escape to the Movies: Dhoom 3

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Dhoom 3

MovieBob checks out one of Bollywood latest and greatest films.

Watch Video

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
This movie kind of sounds like "Now you see me" but from India.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I've developed a small fascination with Bollywood movies due to their distilled Bonkers-ness. I've not managed to sit down to see one yet though. Perhaps this will be the one. It looks pretty nuts and majorly entertaining.

Ken_J

Jun 4, 2009
Gotta say by description alone the villain here does seem like a perfect fit for the REVENGE SOCIETY!!

psilontech

Nov 6, 2010
Hmm. Was sort of hoping for a 'Her' review, but this is good too. Too bad neither of these are playing in any theater within 80 miles of me.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
Looks very fun and I plan to check it out, I am curious why this movie is the first Bollywood movie to become a hit in America considering how insane it looks, I highly doubt its only because the movie takes place in America.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Uh, this actually sounds interesting. I have to say I avoided Bollywood because the movies they broadcast here always seemed like boring love story movies with music interludes, not the kind of genre-mixtures Bob was describing here.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
It sucks living in a small town because movies like Dhoom 3 are rarely played in them. Unless I can get to a theater in major cities to see this, Dhoom 3 looks like a rental once it hits DVD/Blu-ray.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
I love Bollywood movies, they are the best watch with buddies and a tons of beer flick material.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Utah. Foreign films are a no-no for this market. Damn, I hate the assumptions the people who market and distribute these films make.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
Ehhh, Bob may have liked it, this is most definitely not the movie for me, seeing as I don't like abrupt tonal shifts or Indian pop music. To be honest, I hope Bollywood DOESN'T catch on where I live, as a lot of good movies playing in America already get looked over in Swiss cinemas. No need to fill 'em up with this stuff, from my point of view, anwyay.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
I was like "Wut?" when I saw this as the week's review, but now I kind of want to see it. If only to see the actresses who are "so hot it almost hurts to look at"

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
So does it hold up for the full 3 hours? Or is it like with Matrix sequels where every single action set piece and fight goes on to long to the point it get boring?

SoMuchSpace

Mar 27, 2012
Umm i am from India, and i am shocked to see that he liked this film/

Really, it's a mindless action flick that pretends to be deep or sentimental.

In fact this is one of the most brainless, shallow , 'made for raking in huge amounts of money' type of films that movie Bob hates. If you want to see a good indian film, see Barfi, or The Lunchbox.

Arif_Sohaib

Jan 16, 2011
Amir Khan is a very good actor, few of his other movies to watch Lagaan, Mengal Panday, 3 Idiots. Two others that I only sort of liked because they are more Bollywood, Fanna and Rang De Basaanti.
Two great Pakistani action movie to watch and our take on the war of terror from the front lines, Waar and Khuda Ke Liye.

Also any other Indians and Pakistanis here?