Escape to the Movies: Django Unchained

Penguin_Factory

Sep 13, 2010
When this was first announced I was kind of afraid it was going to shy away from really taking the gloves off about the subject material, so I'm glad to see that that apparently hasn't happened.

I really liked the phrase "America's original sin" to describe the slave trade, although I'd argue that probably belongs to European settler's treatment of native Americans, a topic that doesn't seem to garner as much outrage or shame.

Abanic

Jul 26, 2010
"HEY! Get outta there, Mumbles!"

God, that made my day. It was unexpected, it was accurate, and it was clever... Keep it up Bob.

Gerishnakov

Jun 15, 2010
I cannot wait for this film to hit the UK. As per usual we have to wait longer than the States to get our beady little eyes on it but hey-ho, what can I do?

I did just get Inglorious Basterds on DVD for Xmas, so that'll have to fill the time until then.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Falseprophet said:
Aiddon said:
problem is Bane is DEFINITELY better than Red Skull or Loki.
Better than movie Red Skull for sure. And better than Da Silva in Skyfall (he was fine, but so many reviewers went on like he was the best Bond villain ever, and he's so very, very not). But not better than Loki. No way, no how.
Agreed. Why's Bob gotta be all mean to Bane? He tried his best! What a bully...

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Gerishnakov said:
I cannot wait for this film to hit the UK. As per usual we have to wait longer than the States to get our beady little eyes on it but hey-ho, what can I do?

I did just get Inglorious Basterds on DVD for Xmas, so that'll have to fill the time until then.
Hopefully we won't have to wait till Feb like some other films...

brazuca

Jun 11, 2008
You did not answer one question is this a Blaxploitation or more of a spaghetti western? Well this film had my attention, now it has my curiosity indeed.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
TheDrunkNinja said:
Falseprophet said:
Aiddon said:
problem is Bane is DEFINITELY better than Red Skull or Loki.
Better than movie Red Skull for sure. And better than Da Silva in Skyfall (he was fine, but so many reviewers went on like he was the best Bond villain ever, and he's so very, very not). But not better than Loki. No way, no how.
Agreed. Why's Bob gotta be all mean to Bane? He tried his best! What a bully...
You should have left Bane alone mr movie man.

bunji

Nov 14, 2010
Now I know people are going to scream racist at me, but does it seem to anyone else that Bob has a little bit of a crush on black men?

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
lol at the slam against TDKR's Bane! Also, I SO want to see this movie, buy nobody wants to see it with me! I'm so desperate I might have to see it on my own...

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
well truth be told
Django is a better unconventional name than fucking Dovahkiin

you know, from Bethesda's TESV contest thing

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
So... to take the wrong message away, this movie is "White Guy (Schultz) Saves The Black Slaves"?

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
Oh, man, that Mumbles joke at 3:11ish had me howling with laughter. This may be my favorite review of yours, Mr. Chipman. Well done.

Shameless

Jun 28, 2010
Bane was not a bad villain dude, he is certainly better than Red Skull and I don't care if you disagree.

varmintx

Oct 6, 2011
daxterx2005 said:
Django down, Bring on Kill Bill Part Three.
That's probably not going to happen:
http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/quentin-tarantino-kill-bill-vol-3-james-bond/

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Is it bad that the only thing I got from this review is that MovieBob may or may not watch Adventure Time? Which makes me a little happy for some reason.

DVS BSTrD said:
I got spurs that djingo, django, djingo
as I go killin' merrily along,
And they sing, 'Oh aint you glad you're a free man
And that slavery ain't so very far from wrong
Dang it, I just got that song out of my head.