Escape to the Movies: Final Destination 5

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Final Destination 5

Lots of people dying. In 3D. What else did you expect?

Watch Video

Feb 13, 2008
RE: Invisible Aliens

Rule 1 of Horror Movies is "Don't Show the Monsters" - what's wrong with "Can't show the Monsters"? - did you want another Signs?

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
The first film you mentioned, reminded me of this :)

And Final Destination? The same with Saw, liked the first one, hated the rest.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
In regard to that film Darkest Hour, I'm sure the scene with them against the invisible aliens will be much more convincing than the likes like that Z rated film Birdemic (look up at the scene when they fend off against the poorly animated birds).
As for Final Destination I lost interest when I watch the third film despite when my mate told me to check out the forth film. Yeah I will give it a miss since there are a few films I still got to check out.

Roserari

Jul 11, 2011
You HAD to mention The Darkest Hour? Blog about it, yes. But, dude, seriously ... Why are you bashing it ON VIDEO? I mean, come on. It's 2011 and you still care about this sort of thing?

Anyhoo, Final Destination 5. One was great. Two was SPLAT-tastic and the rest just sucked. So I'm not expecting much of this one

OldKingClancy

Jun 2, 2011
I know this will probably be terrible but I'll admit I'm a fan of the Final Destination series and I've seen the others so I'm almost difinately going to see this.

tabriaswolfe

Jan 25, 2010
Pretty much what I expected from yet another Final Destination movie, so thanks for the review so that I don't have to go spend money to see it. As far as the Darkest Hour thing goes, the only thing I could think about seeing those invisible alien effects (spinning air pockets, etc) was "Why can't they use these special effects and make a S.T.A.L.K.E.R movie instead?" It's still Russian and would probably be more interesting.

REZNoR_greed

Jan 21, 2010
try Enemy Zero before you get all up in it about the invisible aliens. looking at the preview, it's unlikely that they would make it work that well, but it's still possible to make it work.

/2cents

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
RE: Invisible Aliens

Rule 1 of Horror Movies is "Don't Show the Monsters" - what's wrong with "Can't show the Monsters"? - did you want another Signs?
The funny thing is that they do show the monsters; we're simply seeing through them. Which in that regard makes it even worse than showing a badly designed monster.

Kinda reminds me of that South Park episode where everyone's running away in terror from global warming.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
In reference to the invisible aliens, I was actually more intrigued/impressed. I wanna see how they execute that idea.

Back to Final Destination: I completely skipped out on "THE Final Destionation" (part 4), but I have a strange feeling I might go ahead and watch this one. First one was awesome, second was alright, third was some what forgettable, and the fourth? Like I said, never saw it.

I'm gonna admit it and say I'm curious as to how they die.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
I just flashback to the "Cave Dwellers" episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000:

ATAR (onscreen): They're invisible!
TOM SERVO: Oh, come on, they couldn't even afford to hire villains!?
CROWBOT: Hey you, pick on someone of your own opacity!

pepitko

Sep 23, 2009
The invisible aliens movie might not be bad afterall. Best horrors indeed are the ones, where you don't know what/who the the monsters is. Final Destination is a bit meh of a movie. The last one I saw in 3D wasn't actually that impressive, so I might pass on this one.

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
teh_Canape said:
invisible aliens...

[HEADING=1]GENIUS[/HEADING]

OT: Haven't seen any of the movies and won't start now. I did see all of the death scenes on one of the Daily Whats and that to me seems to be the main part of seeing any of the movies.