Escape to the Movies: Four Lions

Jul 22, 2009
Well it sounds awesome :D

A British comedy film about terrorists... I'm instantly thinking Monty Python sketches.

Anyway I'll find time to watch this soon.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
Loved this movie. Loved the review. There's so much love in the air recently

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
That clip at the end sold me.

I like a solid comedy, and no material is really off-limits for me.

That said, I might just wait for the DVD, instead of rushing to the theaters.

OctalLord

May 20, 2010
I agree, Please don't be a musical, Please don't be a musical, Oh please oh please oh please!

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
How have I not heard of this? I was semi-expecting a review of Let Me In, and then this rolls along? I am intrigued, and shall endeavour to see it.

And yes, the Honey Monster is awesome. As my Sugar Puffs T-shirt suggests.

Ashoten

Aug 29, 2010
Those comedians ARE smug Bob. Thats kinda their shtik. At least I always thought the whole thing was a parody of all the serious political commentators like Rush Limba. Which is also funny cause if you listen to Rush enough you become aware that he is purposfuly acting like an bloated gas bag for the sake of his ratings. But please don't take this opinion to seriously cause I don't.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
one thing I always find funny is how people think comedians aren't being serious with their material. Like how so many people on the Escapist think Yahtzee's reviews aren't "real" reviews because he's being funny about it

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
I can't believe you reviewed this! I'm dancing like a champ as I type.

Morris's genius is really profound in Four Lions, as in all of his other works. He never shies away from controversy, he just charges in and does the gags. Brass Eye and The Day Today, even Nathan Barley and On the Hour are really intelligent and funny as hell comedy.

Thanks for making my day, Bob.

kalt_13

Veteran n00b
Sep 14, 2008
Heard about this movie ages ago, I thought i had missed it.

HankMan said:
Honestly, the crow-bomb told me all I needed to know about this film.
yeah same here

AfterAscon

Tilting at WHARRGARBL
Nov 29, 2007
I remember when this was on at the cinema. I always wanted to go and see it, but never got around to it. The same thing happened when it came out of DVD. I'm sure one day I'll see it in a shop and finally get around to buying it.

On the topic of the movie, the most surprising thing I recall is that, in the UK, I don't think I ever heard anyone really complain about the subject matter.

Tell 'em about the Honey, Mummy.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Sounds like an intriguing film, certainly got two things going for it that would interest me: 1. it's British, which since I live in England is always a good thing. 2. Its not afraid to explore an otherwise taboo subject.

Also: I had no idea that America didn't have the Honey Monster... You guys have been missing out!

stueymon

Aug 29, 2009
It's an absolutely brilliant film, it's been out on DVD here in the UK for a while but I dont own it. Why? well, once you see the film you'll understand.

The thing is about these 5 muslim lads is that they are genuinely likeable and the third act is pretty depressing on a few levels, but with a smile too.

I saw it a good couple of months ago, I think i'm about ready to see it again.

Also, try and check out the Brass eye stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NesjvRihbEg