Escape to the Movies: Green Lantern: Extended Cut

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Sober Thal said:
I don't understand how people can think Green Lantern was so horrible, yet praise movies like Capatin America and Thor.

They were all equally ridiculous dumb fun.
Because its bob. That is all.

jFr[e]ak93

Apr 9, 2010
twesterm said:
Ah, too bad Paranormal Activity 3 wasn't shown to critics, I was looking forward to that review today. :-/
Same here.
At least I got a good chuckle at how bad this movie must be... To be honest, both of Bob's reviews have me contemplating seeing the film, just to see how much it sucks...

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
Eh the Green Lantern wasn't as bad as you said it was, but it was still pretty bad.
Lets just have Ryan Reynolds focus on the Dead-Pool movie, ok Hollywood?

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
No offense Bob, but could've done with a new movie. While I'm sure the Lantern was deserving of it in terms of how bad it is (personally, that was obvious to me as soon as I saw Ryan Reynolds' face in the main role, but hey), extra 5 minutes of raging at it was kinda useless and could've been conveyed in one of the two photos at the end with a shot of the extended cut BluRay box and a writing saying something along the lines of "Adds one scene to the movie, still sucks just as much".

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I love hearing you rage about this movie, I really do. That said, 2 episodes is probably enough. I haven't watched it since I love the real Green Lantern and don't want it ruined, that said, with MB's constant hate towards it, I want to see how it could have possibly sucked so bad.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
It really is a shame that director's cuts and special editions tend to be crap. I usually don't bother with them, though I do remember the good old days where that sort of thing was rare and usually awesome.

Or, at least, not 2 minutes of B footage hastily edited in.

Outcast107 said:
Sober Thal said:
I don't understand how people can think Green Lantern was so horrible, yet praise movies like Capatin America and Thor.

It's not just Bob, though. It'd be one thing if it was just one man's opinion, but you look at their rotten tomatoes scores, the fan response, it all screams "Green Lantern was shite while these others rocked!"

Now, I should add I haven't seen any of the three movies yet. I've actually got Thor in my PS3 now, and I'm about to go start watching it, but I cannot personally say whether I agree with the general feeling or not. I've had a string of health issues that meant I missed the theatrical releases and am watching them as I can get them on Netflix. I'm just pointing out that such a general feeling is there.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Green Lantern always seem retarded hero to me, power is ok i guess, but the idea he can turn the green light into anything just seemed stupid.

Primus1985

Dec 24, 2009
I still to this day have not seen Green Lantern, and I refuse to, even when I can watch it free. I guess DC kinda left their brains behind while making this, not realizing the only other bankable property they had was Batman, and just let WB roll with it.

I cant believe they pumped so much CGI crap in their. I mean at least Hal's suit souldt have been an actual suit not animated. Im sure most movie and or DC fans would agree that it probably would have looked much better if they used people in suits and make-up and animatronics rather than straight Computer generated. Hell with the make-up effects and stuff they have nowadays (like the Orcs in LOTR or even the Hunters in the new Predator movie) it could be done easily and look fantastic.

My last comment is something ive been lamenting for awhile but really glared at me a couple of days ago. Why is it DC cant make a live action property that does justice to the original source material, save Batman, but their animated movies not only do justice but have great action and storytelling to boot. I watched Batman: Year One a couple of days ago and IMHO it is bar none the greatest adaptation of a comic to visual media to date. The art may have been updated slightly(for its time the comic was good but the movie brought out so much texture and feel to it) but almost every story element and character design was ripped straight from the comic. Their other movies like the Superman/Batman ones, or the Green Lantern and Wonder-Woman ones where either inspired by or took heavy inspiration and narrative from the comic lore. What the hell is so hard about doing the same for a live action property/

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
True, but with bob if you don't agree with him, then you're a frat boy or some other insult that just a stereotype. It annoys me that people follow him so blindly (or any review for a matter of fact). Heck, just go see the movie yourself and see if you will enjoy it.

It just meh, when people can't let others just enjoy the movie or whatever they are into. They have to go insult their intelligence or taste in movies, just like how people here insult each other for having a prefer console.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Tin Man said:
I am never interested in these films when they release a 'extended cut', unless that film is a beloved favourite. And certainly not when that film was a steaming turd...

That said, did anyone see Advent Children Complete? The final fight in that was awesome!
I fucking love that film. My only problem, though, was that a lot of the extra scenes just seemed a tad unnecessary. The bits about Moogle Girl and Denzel barely fleshed out anything for either character.

That being said, my problem with the disc itself, is that they likely had enough room to remaster and include Last Order, but chose not to. Kind of a bad move, but I can understand why they took it out in favor of Episode: Denzel.

OT: I never actually saw GL. I'm not going anywhere near it though, seeing as how Bob just rages at it to no end. I'll stick with Marvel from now on, because DC, with the exception of Batman, just can't seem to get their heroes right on this generation of the big screen.

Sep 14, 2009
Sober Thal said:

They were all equally ridiculous stupid dumb fun. Nothing great by any means, but nothing to make people (like Bob) sound so insulted.
moviebob obvious is movie bob.

OT: ahh so once again towards the last chunk of the review, we get to see where all that rage and hate comes from...

i would say "oh the irony", but not gonna divulge into that.

still, who was expecting it to honestly make that much of a difference from the movie version?

if anything most extended additions add a scene with some boobs and maybe a random "lets drive down the street!" scene.

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
The best part of this re-review was the punchline about the cons of any idiot making books.

Outright classic.
Outcast107 said:
Sober Thal said:

Nope.

TokenRupee

Oct 2, 2010
Outcast107 said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
True, but with bob if you don't agree with him, then you're a frat boy or some other insult that just a stereotype. It annoys me that people follow him so blindly (or any review for a matter of fact). Heck, just go see the movie yourself and see if you will enjoy it.

It just meh, when people can't let others just enjoy the movie or whatever they are into. They have to go insult their intelligence or taste in movies, just like how people here insult each other for having a prefer console.
E-freaking-xactly. I don't enjoy all of Bob's favorite movies. I find some of them to be absolute crap. Others that he hates I find to just be enjoyable, dumb fun films. Guess that makes me a dumb jock.

He's intelligent when he sits down and calmly discusses a movie, but I just lose all interest when he starts insulting others because they either disagree with him or something doesn't go his way. If he just wouldn't nerd rage and just had more of his thought-provoking discussions on why he thought a movie wasn't as good/was good, what worked or didn't work, then he would be much better.