Escape to the Movies: Green Lantern: Extended Cut

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Green Lantern: Extended Cut

Is the extended version of Green Lantern better than the theatrical version?

Watch Video

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Wait wait wait... i haven't seen Green Lantern and i don't plan to do so but... the big obnoxious Macho is the hero and the nerdy guy is the villain? I mean, that's pretty stupid but it's in a way also kinda original... usually it's the other way around.

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
Well, I was kindof hoping for The Three Musketeers, but was doubley dissappointed when I saw that he was basically going to rehash his original review. When he said ''I could spend another 5 eposides explaining everything that's wrong with Green Lantern'' I thought he was joking. Now, I'm starting to worry that he wasn't. Why a review he already did, when there are juicy new movies out there?

messy

Dec 3, 2008
The ting that annoys me the most about the Green Lantern film is that the latest Green lantern comics (read: Geoff Johns taking over) have been fucking awesome. Like spine tingling, goosebump raising amazing.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
okay so no paranormal activity 3, what about johnny english or the three musketeers... me and friends had a bet on what you were reveiwing and we all just lost... i actually wanna know about the 3 musketeers movie. i just got paid yesterday and i'm wondering should i save my monies and buy captain america and another movie next week or should i go see a movie and wait till the price drops a bit on cap...

EDIT; ah, checked his blog, neither the three musketeers nor paranormal activity 3 were shown to critics. I betting johnny english wasn't either so there ya go. He shoudla revenge reveiw of all the movies released this week just spite the lasck of press screenings. BTW not seeing anything this weekend buy cap on day 1.

twesterm

Feb 25, 2009
Ah, too bad Paranormal Activity 3 wasn't shown to critics, I was looking forward to that review today. :-/

Diegolomac

Jan 28, 2009
Aaaaw, come on, it's not like there isn't anything else to review. How about The Three Musketeers? It was a B movie with interesting action scenes and a battle between steampunk airships, isn't it more interesting than reviewing a slightly different version of a movie that was already reviewed?

CronoT

May 15, 2010
Sorry Bob, but I STILL have to disagree with you. I saw Green Lantern, and it was pretty damn good, for a comic book movie. It wasn't as good as Green Lantern: First Flight, but it was good for what it was.

Anyone who went in seeing this movie and expecting Citizen Kane, Ben-Hur, or It's a Wonderful Life either needs a lobotomy or electroshock therapy.

twesterm said:
Ah, too bad Paranormal Activity 3 wasn't shown to critics, I was looking forward to that review today. :-/
If you're wanting a review of Paranormal Activity 3, check out Spoony's website. Just be prepared for a long review. It's about an hour long.

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
Ok, ok, ok, we get it.

The Green Lantern film was shitty, but I feel that this still needs to be said...

So are the fucking comic books.

tunderball

Jul 10, 2010
Well the original version was massively disapointing so I don't think I'll be forking out for the extended edition anytime soon.

On a side note I loved the extended cut of Kingdom of Heaven, it added probably over an hour of extended footage that was not only excitiing but also made every characters goals and motivations that little bit clearer and just goes to show how brutal the cutting room can be. All in all it takes an average film and makes it a true modern epic - everything I could hope for with an extended cut version.

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
I do own the Extended Lord of the Rings. Twice. Couldn't resist the BluRay edition.
That said, not surpriced it sucked in extended form too. You can't salvage everything. And yeah, Hammonds path to villany is questionable, he seems much more sympathetic than Hal untill he suddenly goes "yup, I'm evil now"

Stall

Apr 16, 2011
Are you seriously still bitching about people finding out your secret club of movie fandom, Bob? For god's sake man, move on! I thought you got all that immature garbage out during the Scream review.

Fucking seriously man. It's just depressing to see a grown man so traumatized by such insignificant things in his past.

Saarai-fan

Nov 12, 2009
Sucks that MovieBob wasn't shown Paranormal Activity 3 to review it. Granted, it might be worse than the last film, but I have a strong feeling it would be far better than watching Green Lantern - Extended cut or not extended. Either that, or the Three Musketeers. Probably would be a better worth to Bob's time and everyone elses.

thatguy1

Mar 1, 2010

Am I the only one who went into this review thinking "oh man, here we go."? I question the necessity of driving this point home multiple times.

Then again it reminds me of what i learned in a coaching class: reminders are extremely valuable. We need to remind ourselves not to let this happen again BEFORE it does.

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
Snake Plissken said:
Ok, ok, ok, we get it.

The Green Lantern film was shitty, but I feel that this still needs to be said...

So are the fucking comic books.
Your oppinion on the comics may be what they are, personally I love me some GL, but this movie was not only bad in it's own right, it was also a disgrace to the comic.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
You know I wasn't planning on seeing this movie ever but the way you keep hating on it makes me want to see it just to see how awful it is...

algalon

Dec 6, 2010
CronoT said:
for a comic book movie.
This is the problem. At this point, post-Spider-Man, post-X-Men: First Class, with the Avengers on the horizon, this phrase never should be tacked onto an opinion to justify the film being gelatinous crap. That's like saying Super Mario bros was good, for a videogame movie. If movie producers are going to use a property, they better have the talent and quality actors to churn out something worth seeing and not worthy of scorn.