Escape to the Movies: Green Lantern

Limecake

May 18, 2011
Damn, I was definitely looking forward to the green lantern. One of the few superheroes I never paid much attention to. It would have been nice to see a movie of the green lantern that wasn't garbage.

I was really hoping they would show more of the lantern corps, Ryan Reynolds is a great actor but I wanted to see aliens fight other aliens.

Too bad I'll still probably go see it anyway.

B Goy

Jan 5, 2010
Great review as always but I disagree with you on the film slightly but I am still pretending that if Ryan Reynolds liked the script more then a Deadpool movie then it must but one of the greatest pieces of writing ever.

Speaking of Deadpool, maybe it's time Reynolds went back to Marvel and hope that we can get the man in Avengers II.

A Curious Fellow

Nov 16, 2010
I thought it deserved a solid B, actually. I found it better than Thor, at any rate.

Though I did see this in 3D by accident, and I was pretty disoriented the whole time. So maybe I just missed the shittiness somehow.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
So Movie Bob, would you say the movie is bad?

...Yeah, and my friends are trying to get me to go see it with them tonight, despite how for weeks we've ALL been saying how horrible this looks (based on the trailers).

vviki

Lord of Midnless DPS
Mar 17, 2009
Sorry you had to get this, Movie Bob. I have never been a comic book fan, but I know what is to expect something great from a beloved hero and get piss in the face instead with almost everyone phoning it in. It it would help, make a special and go all out on this movie a la Harry S. Plinkett style! 90min special on how much this sucks with every aspect.

Kaytastrophe

Jun 7, 2010
I am not a huge comic book fan let alone DC comics, but this movie did not seem to have a lot of promise (to me anyways). I don't know I just kinda had a feeling it would flop. I knew you were building his up in your head bob, much like you did for your cowboys vs. ninja movie or whatever. I don't know, I just didnt have a huge desire to see this.

curintedery

Sep 8, 2010
Well, I admit, I will still see it. I see 3/4 new movies a week, so I generally see the bad ones as well as the good... And I had pretty much no positive expectations for this one... so yeah. I've thought it looked awful from the very first trailer.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
You're not the only one disappointed with the outcome. Well good thing I haven't watch X-men First Class yet since thanks to you and the other reviews of it, I decided to watch that next week instead of GL.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
WOW.

Jesus jumped-up Christ, I knew it was gonna be bad from the tagline in the reveiw, but WOW. Just...just WOW. Oh my god. Thank you, Bob, for encouraging me to not waste my money on GL. Apparently, this movie was one of the victims in the Blackest Night, seeing how it's a shambling, unliving monstrosity.

Zac Smith

Apr 25, 2010
At least Bob explained why he didn't like it, rather then in Transformers just ranting "this sucks this sucks this sucks"

Danial

Apr 7, 2010
A friend of mine called me to tell me not to go, He was still in the cinema at the time and like 5-6 people behind him were also shouting there warnings as they were leaving.

Shame, that second trailer looked amazing.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
well, that's the second comic-book dud of the summer. Thor wasn't as bad, but it was just meh, showing that Marvel can be just as bad as DC with movies (in fact, they might be worse; Fantastic Four '94 and Captain America 90, anyone?). I'm just going to wait until Dark Knight Rises for a truly awesome superhero movie

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
had a feeling it might be not good. the trailers dint even convince me. looked already cheap to me.

jacobschndr

Aug 15, 2008
Wow! Never thought to see Moviebob that riled up before. Honestly, I never really cared for DC comic heroes, especially Green Lantern, their just too bland to me. And I never thought this movie was going to do any good anyway.

So , Duke Nukem Forever and Green Lantern, both giant budget projects with years in the making turning out to be giant turds. What a bad week...

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
I'm So Happy This Movie Sucked! That's For Taking Deadpool's Actor!

Still I don't expect Deadpool's movie to be any better so meh.

Daniel Way SUCKS as a Writer.

Manicotti

Apr 10, 2009
Holy crap. I've been wanting this thing to bomb ever since I heard WB hijacked Reynolds away from the tentative Deadpool movie, and then held him hostage to film the Lantern trilogy. I am satisfied. Although still disappointed that the superhero/comic book genre took another huge step backwards by having yet another producer not take it seriously enough.