Escape to the Movies: Halo Legends

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Halo Legends

This week MovieBob takes a look at the animated Halo Legends.

Watch Video

PDizzle418

Mar 6, 2008
I really like these shorts

I think they fairly accurately did justice to the Halo franchise and hope more come along.

I did find the animation on a couple very annoying however and hope they don't make more like the duel one I understand that it's about art but I just found the water color look to be vomit inducing rather than enjoyable.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
B-b-b-but Half Life...

That was an interesting watch, to say the least. And I was expecting you to tear into it like anytime a Halo movie is mentioned. But, what I got left me pleasantly surprised...

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
I think I'm going to rent it. See, I am one of those few Halo fans that actually have both common sense and a sense of the ridiculious. I don't play Halo because it's a FPS, I play it for the story. I play it multiplayer, but not XBL because I detest Halo fans and the kids on XBL in general.

Btw: OMFGBBQWTF, there ARE female spartans.....as they have already established before. So if anybody is surprised....then they are mentally retarded.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Weirdly enough I detest Halo, and I'm not a big fan of Anime, but I've ordered Halo Legends... I'm looking forward to it.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
I still really want to see this as an Animatrix/Gotum Night Fan rater than a halo one, The shorts in this colabs are always really well put together.

Nightfalke

Just this guy, you know?
Sep 10, 2008
B-b-b-but Deus Ex.

B-b-b-but Thief 2.

B-b-b-but System Shock.

Granted, none of these have been made in the last decade...

So I'll end with... B-b-b-but Bioshock?

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
OMG MONSTER RANCHER REFERENCE AND EVENGELION!

Pretty damn awesome video even though I went into it dissapointed with the subject matter but damn did it pull through to be interesting.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
i have never been a fan of either the anime reimaginings (saw the batman and matrix ones) or halo, so for me this was an easy decision, but the review did spark some interest, i may rent it or just watch the good bits on youtube.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
sounds like I expected, kinda like the matrix animation thing, a few interesting ones, a few not, I really liked the single player of halo, for the most part I thought it was a pretty good thing with at least a kinda interesting story, multi can suck my left nut tho.

Mantonio

Apr 15, 2009
There's gonna be a massive fallout about your view of all Western character designs being bald generic space marines, that's for sure.

I wonder though MovieBob, what game genres do you like? I can guess that it isn't FPS, since you've made many a jab at that in your videos.

simmeh

Jan 25, 2009
Nightfalke said:
B-b-b-but Deus Ex.

B-b-b-but Thief 2.

B-b-b-but System Shock.

Granted, none of these have been made in the last decade...

So I'll end with... B-b-b-but Bioshock?
In his other work, the Videogame Overthinker, he mentions that he loves Bioshock.

wildcard9

Aug 31, 2008
Well since I won't Half-Life you to death, even though it features the anthitheses of the Jock FPS hero fighting against them in the first game and a compelling, cute, and capable double-minority Black chick sidekick in the second, I'll go around and say:

B-b-b-but Team Fortress 2...

I think that would be a little more to your likings Moviebob, as I can personally tell you that if XBOX live is full of imature trolls, at least PC online is a bit better. Besides, the character designs and even the game in of itself is like Counter-Strike meets Loney Tunes. Very much worth checking out as an antitdote for your FPS bile, kinda like Bioshock.

On another note, I didn't think Halo Legends would actually be that good or varied. I thought Microsoft would've paid the animators a bit more to keep the machismo, but I'm all for subverting the established conventions in the name of a good story.

Hmmm..."Halo meets Evangellion"...Despite my...reservations previously expressed on your Book of Eli (or was it Legion?) review of the series, I gotta say that's one crossover I'd like to see just to see. Not only in a morbid sense of curiosity, but also how the hell do you blend mindfuckery and Revelation exploitation (in the base sense of the word, mind you), with Space-Marine machismo warfare.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
I was worried that you were going to rip this a new one. (seeing as you are not a big fan of Halo) But I was surprised that you thought it was not bad.

The Duel and Homecoming were my favorites out of the bunch.

The Duel for its wonderful art style and give Halo fans (like me) a look at the Elite's home planet and lifestyle.

And Homecoming for its dark and interesting story about the early Spartans.

All in all I enjoyed Halo Legends. I'm one of the few Halo fans who enjoyed its story more than multiplayer.