Escape to the Movies: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Slimshad said:
Harry potter getting an oscar? Not too far fetched, considering the awards the book has gotten. Definitely watching this one, since I was so disappointed by the last couple.
I dunno. "The comity" seems diametrically opposed to things that are super popular among the masses (which paints them all as art house snobs). The last time a big budget box office smash got best picture was Lord of the rings I think.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Meh, The 1st and the 3rd were the only ones I've seen. Not a huge magic fan (aside form Lord of the Rings) and can't really get into the story.

Sorry, I'm more of a Sci-fy type of person. So to each his own, glad that Bob at least liked it.

*sets up Lawn Chair*

Have at me, flamers...

slacker09

Aug 2, 2010
Cant wait to see it this evening. Also, I now really want to see a cooking show attempt to overthrow Castro.

Ashoten

Aug 29, 2010
O man I had totally forgotten about Whale Wars. What would it be like if they made a show about Guys harassing the guys that are harassing the whalers? or a show about park rangers arresting scientists for hazing(Tranquilizing)and mutilating(tagging) wildlife. lol just a thought

Tempest13

Aug 23, 2010
To be honest, I haven't watch a HP movie since the 3rd...but you've made me actually want to see this. So you succeeded, Bob

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Good work on the little video game "fetch quest" montage, Bob. Had me laughing at each picture.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
I still have my doubts about seeing this. I hated the third through fifth movies and couldn't sit through more than seven minutes of the sixth one. Perhaps I'm too much of an elitist, but I really hate when important things are removed from film adaptations of books while new things are added.

The fourth film was cut way too much. As was the fifth. Both of those should have been broken into separate parts as well, in my mind.

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
How the hell did you just get me interested in a Harry Potter film???

Not that I'll take the time out to see it in theaters, but if a friend or family member asks me if I want to go see it with them, I might just say yes instead of laughing at them.

Wombat of Doom

Mar 10, 2010
...I apparently saw a different movie than everyone else. While I certainly applaud the decision to try to deal with the characters and whatnot, as you said, I don't feel like the movie worked at all, really.

I know that's really just part 1 of a two-part movie, and am open to the possibly that, when viewed with the second half, it makes for the first half of a really good five-hour movie, but was generally unimpressed by this one. I may need to see it again, however, to give it another look, since everyone else on the Internet seems to think it's the coolest thing since sliced bread...

zombi2989

Fred-O
Oct 17, 2008
I don't know if the food network is going to overthrow Castro, but I bet the Travel Channel has done plenty of reconnaissance [http://search.travelchannel.com/search?w=cuba&ts=custom&searchFormSubmit]

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
I find it hard to believe that the rigid and hilarious dialogue delivery of the three main characters has improved to a passable standard.

dudehead

Jul 21, 2008
Moviebob you were wrong about one thing. Maybe its the weed, monster, or delcious sausage/eggs/pancakes I just made, but you 100% just convinced me I am going to see this movie.

It sounds awesome.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
But it's a Harry Potter Movie, which means they will cut out half the plot of the books and leave huge gaping holes in explainations. Basically, you need the books to understand the movies, and the 7th book was the most boring. That entire middle section....the Fetch Quest....yeesh.

Also, fuck you Rowling for off-screen deaths. Fuck you.