Escape to the Movies: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1

This week MovieBob takes on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1.

Watch Video

yellowhead

Nov 18, 2009
Good to know this is a good movie.

But to be honest me, my friends and family were gonna go see this regardless of the reviews and quality.

And also, you really think it's Oscar Quality? We shall have to wait and see =)

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Can't wait. Seeing it tomorrow with my brother, everyone I've spoken to who has seen it said it was very good.

Also I don't think I can ever get sick of John Williams HP theme..

Slimshad

Sep 16, 2009
Harry potter getting an oscar? Not too far fetched, considering the awards the book has gotten. Definitely watching this one, since I was so disappointed by the last couple.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
I didn't give a damn about Rowling trying to make me feel anything other than annoyed at a substantial body count, so I'm not going to see it done as a MOVIE. Seriously, it's like she threw darts at a board to see who died so she could go "Isn't it just HEART-WRENCHING!!?!? It's so SAD!". No Rowling, it's freaking JUVENILE.

Slimshad

Sep 16, 2009
yellowhead said:

Oscar quality has become an oxy moron in this day and age. The hurt Locker won six oscars last year. You know which film was last to do that? FOREST GUMP! Do you think the hurt locker was ANY where near quality as Forest Gump? The oscars have become a joke, unfortunately.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
I hope it stays in theatres over here for a while, because I plan to see it with my family when I'm going home for christmas. (I hope it is as good as you say, because I didn't like HP6 as well as you did, but I really want this to be great.

yellowhead

Nov 18, 2009
Slimshad said:
yellowhead said:

Oscar quality has become an oxy moron in this day and age. The hurt Locker won six oscars last year. You know which film was last to do that? FOREST GUMP! Do you think the hurt locker was ANY where near quality as Forest Gump? The oscars have become a joke, unfortunately.
Absolutely, i get what you're saying. District 9 was easily the best film of 2009 for me but it didn't win any awards. But to see Harry Potter (a blockbuster fantasy which the Academy hardly ever support) win in something other then special effects or something like that would be very impressive.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
I have yet to watch a single Harry Potter film so far, and you know what, I intend to keep it that way. I just really can't take it seriously.. wizard school!?

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
Man I just wish both parts were out at the same time. I really don't like stopping something then coming back to it 2 months ( or whenever it) is later. I hope that Part 1 is still showing when part 2 comes out so I can watch both parts at the same time.

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
Food Network battling Castro? Sounds like the greatest absurdest piece of literature never made

As for your bold prediction, I think that's going a little too far. While I am very pleased to see that WB was lucky their three main leads all ended up maturing into fine, young acting professionals, the script is far from perfect. Don't get me wrong, the STORY of Harry Potter has always been it's greatest draw for me and when reading all 7 books it came together relatively nicely and satisfactorily. But the dialogue and writing was never anything stellar, and the same goes for the films. It's not bad, just slightly shallow. Still though, I'm looking forward to watching this. I've seen all 6 in the theater so far, so I want to close it out the way it's been going

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
1) What channel is trying to declare war on Japan? I seemed to have missed something.
2) ESPN is going to overthrow Castro follow Kobe Bryant's appearance in that Black Ops commercial.
3) Happy the movie is good. Would have seen it regardless. This is the first HP movie I'm not seeing opening day, so you know I'm a fan. Fucking class schedule getting in the way of my movie seeing.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
... You know, if you put it that way, I might actually go see it.

Plus, I've literally never seen a clip from it, nor have I seen the 6th movie, so I had no interest at all. I lost faith after the 5th. But I've had a strange urge to watch through them all again, give the 6th, 7th, and 8th a try, just for old times sake. Looks like it might not be a bad idea.

[Gavo]

Jun 29, 2008
Just woke up. I saw the midnight premiere, it was amazing.

Much better than past movies, it actually followed the book almost to the letter. It completely makes up for all the movies that didn't quite meet expectations *cough*third movie*cough*

Da Joz

May 19, 2009
I have only seen about half of the first Harry Potter movie and nothing else. I liked the books but I'll be skipping this movie, unless I happen to watch all the rest and like them which is pretty unlikely.

MaxFan

Nov 15, 2008
Dude, Bobby Flay could take any Castro.

Wait, you talk about movies on this show?

Pandora92

Apr 2, 2010
Personally your views actually have quite a lot of sway in whether to see the movie or not, I loved the books and the first to third films were decent, the fourth was very good and managed to make the entire thing more mature, but the fifth was absolute tripe, and pretty much killed my enthusiasm for the movies. I haven't seen the 6th film yet because of that, and I don't know what critical response that recieved since I never really cared to look, but if 7 really is that good then I might just give reconsider ignoring it...

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
this has been added to the "stuff I need to see but will probably end up watching it when its out on DVD because I cant be arsed to go to the local cinema because its a shithole" list.