Escape to the Movies: Hobo With a Shotgun

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Wait a second.

Is this only now coming out in American theaters?

Regardless, I missed this in theaters in Canada, unfortunately, but I think it's on DVD now. I'm already looking for it on that for cheap, so...yeah.

VanillaBean

Feb 3, 2010
Yeah Rocksteady really screwed that one up, but anyways at least the film is good and I'm pretty sure its already out on DVD.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I'd heard a lot about this movie, and was interested by it. You make it sound fairly decent, so maybe I'll check it out after all.

Wilko316

Jun 16, 2010
This looks really fun, not enlightening or morally gratifying but just wacky silly fun.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
"Updated, quasi ironic tributes to High School Musical"?

I'm actually kinda feeling that idea. Oh, by the way, not gonna watch "Hobo with a shotgun" I'm part of a generation that probably wouldn't get it.

Hatchet90

Nov 15, 2009
My favorite movie to come out this year... and it wasn't even in theaters! I had to watch this thing on PSN. Next week Bob should review Rubber.

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
Well, as a fan of Rutger Hauer, I was almost expecting some sort of Survival Run (That is, Soldier of Orange, the greatest resitance movie of all time) joke, but, meh. Didn't get any, din't miss it. Am I planning on seeing this now? Nope. I'd ruther go to see DotM, unfortunatly.

ConnorCool

Master Assassin
Apr 23, 2009
Hang on, you liked Mall Cop? I couldn't even finish that film.

I will however check out Hobo, sounds good.

coconut_buyer

Nov 21, 2009
Why do you ignore comedies bob? Sure Zookeeper would have been shit, but Horrible Bosses is getting decent reviews and I would have liked to see your views on that. You seem to always duck out when there's only comedies opening in theaters. Why is that?

the spud

May 2, 2011
My god...what did they do to robin?!?

He looks like the silver surfer and some emo kid had a baby.

OT: I probably won't get around to seeing this one, seeing as I did't grow up watching the films it pays homage to.

Sepiida

Jan 25, 2010
Bob, this is one of your best reviews in awhile.

Excellent summary of the merits and/or negative points of the film. Check.
Interesting tidbits about cinema history. Check.
No calling members of your audience idiot/douchebags/retards for disagreeing with you. Check.

Seriously, stuff like this is when you're at your best. Good to have you back (at least for this episode.)

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Awww, was hoping for a review of Horrible Bosses. That looks like it could be pretty good, atleast based on it's cast. Still, as a Rutger Hauer fan who was unaware of this movie, I thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
I saw this movie a few weeks ago after a friend told me about it and raved about it. Said person is very into his horror and grindhouse movies. I've never seen a grindhouse movie before this one and overall I don't think it's my thing.

Hauer did a fantastic performance in it for sure, but some of the other actors were flat. The cheap gore effects (and I know they're meant to look like how they did) just bored me. It's not that I'm a massive fan of extreme gore anyway, but when it's clearly some construction paper and glue filled with red paint, I yawned.

Overall I watched it through and it was enjoyable with some cool shots and one great performance. But grindhouse, it aint for me.