Escape to the Movies: In Time

yellowhead

Nov 18, 2009
I'm off to a press screening of this on Monday. I saw a trailer and was really intrigued but the reviews have been lukewarm at best but this review has me a bit more optimistic. =)

I've never seen Gattaga, although I know I need to.

CronoT

May 15, 2010
I was thinking this was going to be a "modern retelling" of Logan's Run. But, it seems like it's a bit deeper than that. I might give it a watch.

Also, it's good to see Hollywood giving some really accomplished TV actors a chance to try and break into the biz.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I admit I wasn't interested when I first saw the trailer (the concept sound silly to me) but this is the same guy who did Gattaca? (I seen it and like it.) Ok I will give this film a chance and check it out if I going to the cinema any time soon.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
As I'm in the UK I only heard this existed a few days ago. I thought it seemed like a very interesting concept, so it's gratifying to know that there may also be a good movie attached to it.

yellowhead said:
I'm off to a press screening of this on Monday. I saw a trailer and was really intrigued but the reviews have been lukewarm at best but this review has me a bit more optimistic. =)

I've never seen Gattaga, although I know I need to.
Wait. You mean that the most famously 'bought out' mainstream reviewer community in any form of media has bad things to say about a movie that damns corruption? No!

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Hm. I was surprised: GATTACA was brilliant, given how well the science actually worked. (My geneticist wife was impressed.) I didn't know that the same guy is directing.

The trailers/marketing really seemed to try to sell this as more of a action film with a trumped-up dystopian premise than a movie with a legit commentary on societal ills.

Definitely will have to check this one out. Probably would've given it a 'pass' without this review. Thanks Bob!

bladester1

Feb 5, 2008
I really hope that the Beaves and Butthead welcome back was sarcasm.... Hoping I like this movie.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
This might as well be that Harlan Ellison short story "Repent, Harlequin!" Said the Ticktockman. Though unlike James Cameron, Nichol doesn't seem like the kind of douchebag who deserves to be chewed out by the gloriously grouchy Ellison

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
Film looks good, I was put off though because it seems heavy in the blues and oranges, which so many movies seem to be these days. If it is good though, I'll overlook the colour to attract attention.

therockdemon

Mar 17, 2011
the first time i heard of this film was a week ago and now i find out it is by the same guy that did lord of war i can not wait for it to come out

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Well the premise is intriguing and if JT can act better than he can sing it just might be worth watching.

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
Damn I was really hoping you'd review The Rum Diary this week.

Oh well In Time looks interesting.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
I can not respect Justin Timberlake because he can not stay in a genre of films... He is cast as all over and it doesnt fit him well...Seriously he gets cast as some yup who just wants to bang away at Mila Kunis to turn around and be a Hero...pick a genre and we might talk...but he is far better then some of these people in Hollywood now....and thats not say a whole lot