Escape to the Movies: Killing Them Softly

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Killing Them Softly

MovieBob takes us down the dark alley that is Killing Them Softly.

Watch Video

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
For those of you asking - yes, Bob goofed on the name of the movie at one point in the voice over. He'll whip up a fixed version just as soon as he can. Carry on!

Jas0913

Jan 16, 2010
I hadn't noticed the stark resemblance of the new star trek poster to the batman DKR poster.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
MovieBob said:
Killing Them Softly

MovieBob takes us down the dark alley that is Killing Them Softly.

Watch Video
I've gotta ask, what's with the hyperspeed voice overs in your latest videos? It sounds almost like you're recording it at about 11:45 AM EST the day it's to be posted.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
DrStrangelove said:
For those of you asking - yes, Bob goofed on the name of the movie at one point in the voice over. He'll whip up a fixed version just as soon as he can. Carry on!
Yup, I notice that near the start (Killing me softly) of the video but it's forgivable.

Anyway that film sound like something I wouldn't watch as my first choice (not into politics) well the only last film of 2012 I may watch now it The Hobbit.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I had been wondering why we got a review for a movie that was released last week ... then I looked up what is coming out this week and now I completely understand.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
DrStrangelove said:
It's noticeable, but we certain he at least watched to movie [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/6387-FIFA-13] to give a good review.

-----

On topic, I think I'll give this one a go. I know how unbelievably stupid criminals usually are (the smart ones tend to go into white collar crime; bigger payouts, lower risk) and it would be nice to see a movie that doesn't portray criminals a little bit more realistically than others.

gardian06

Jun 18, 2012
Hey Bob, Bob
didn't something else come out today that a lot more people would be interested in hearing about, or were you afraid of coming off with too much of nerdgasm?

Mojo

Jun 2, 2011
Bob did slip into his Boston accent pretty often in this video didn't he?

OT: Looks good, gonna check this one out for sure.

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
Draconalis said:
Slipped in and you left it? I thought it was done intentionally.
Ditto.

I like 'Boston Bob' but found the frequent shifts between the Boston accent and the flat accent distracting.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
It really feels like we always get a movie like this during the holidays, one that isn't very well known and that Bob has to review the week before the big holiday season event.

Also, I'm pretty sure this movie has Richard Jenkins, who was very funny in Cabin in the Woods.

Ralen-Sharr

Feb 12, 2010
castlewise said:
Draconalis said:
Ditto.

I like 'Boston Bob' but found the frequent shifts between the Boston accent and the flat accent distracting.
this pretty much sums up my thoughts, full on "Boston Bob" can be ignored after about 30 seconds, bouncing back and fourth keeps re-grabbing my attention to the accent.

rickynumber24

Feb 25, 2011
castlewise said:
Draconalis said:
Ditto.

It was the fact that the accent would slowly get stronger and stronger and then it would cut out like he paused to compose himself and then creep back again that was the big tip-off for me. I agree that the fade-in was more distracting than the accent itself.

For my part, I assumed "Killing Me Softly" was taking a stylistic point from Zero Punctuation and subtly altering the film's name... but then he said he liked it at the end.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
gardian06 said:
Hey Bob, Bob
didn't something else come out today that a lot more people would be interested in hearing about, or were you afraid of coming off with too much of nerdgasm?
SomebodyNowhere said:
I had been wondering why we got a review for a movie that was released last week ... then I looked up what is coming out this week and now I completely understand.
It's not coming out until next week?

OT: I didn't realize Brad Pitt was in this movie. Then, I haven't really heard or seen much about it at all. Looks like it could be entertaining but not very memorable, so I doubt I'll end up watching it though.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
Half the cinema was empty before half the movie was over. If pointless banter is your thing, go for it. For me, this was the worst movie of the year by a landslide. And I normally love slow, brooding movies.

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
DrStrangelove said:
To be fair, I think a lot of people went for that title when first encountering this movie (I know I did).