Escape to the Movies: Knight and Day ... also Smurfs

snow

Jan 14, 2010
hurricanejbb said:
Now I really think we need to see a Gummi Bears and Danger Mouse movie made sometime soon.
A gummi bear war movie would be awesome... I don't think critics could touch that movie unless it was done with sock puppets.

Tom's Oprah incident had no impact on me seeing the movie, it just sounded bland... As for the smurfs? Seems like Alvin and the Chipmunks all over again... :(

Cmwissy

Aug 26, 2009
The rant toward the end made me remember War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise.

IT WAS BASED IN WOKING, LEAVE IT THERE AMERICA, LEAVE IT THERE.

Pyode

Jul 1, 2009
NinjaTigerXIII said:
Why in the hell would they want to make a Smurf's movie in New York? That's like making a Dragon Ball Movie where Goku is in high school.......wait a minute....
...I fucking hate Hollywood.

Belgium said:
Hey now, don't blame the American population for this atrocity. Blame this shit on the fucking retards in Hollywood who think they know what Americans want. I have yet to speak to a single American who knows anything about the Smurfs that thinks this movie is going to be remotely good. I guarantee you this movie is going to be a huge flop and that it would be much more successful if they had stuck with the original premise.

Case and point, as is mentioned above, the Dragon Ball movie. It was another foreign property that was severely fucked up by Hollywood and it failed horribly because of it.

kementari

Mar 18, 2008
I'm 24, and that scene with the bad guy at the end of Romancing the Stone - diamond, outstretched hand, you remember - gave me a complex that to this day prevents me from falling asleep with a limb hanging off the bed.

Also, I can't wait for Inception. You? :D

Abbysion

Jun 7, 2010
Well, I live in the Netherlands and I sure as hell can say that I, at least, am pissed despite not being much of a Smurfs fan either. I mean, why does it always have to be America?

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
Sooooo....are there any Belgium people watching the show?

I'm kind of disappointed in the Smurfs. I envisioned a Smurf movie as live action, action/adventure thing, with Smurfette played by probably Scarlet Johanssen (she's popular now, right?) and papa smurf played by Bruce Willis.

EDIT: Will Gargamyle be there too?

Orekoya

Sep 24, 2008
Not G. Ivingname said:
Are we really that desperate to revive old 80's cartoons into movies that we have to dig out the SMURFS? Really? Wasn't Scooby Doo, Transformers, and Alvin and the Chimpmucks any idication that they aren't a good idea. Wait, nevermind, no matter the stupid reason, those movies somehow made embarressing amounts of money.
Thundercats is next, and they'll be in "modern day" New York too. *cuts wrist before it can happen*

hiverious

May 7, 2010
I'm 22 and I remember watching Romancing the Stone with my parents a couple of times. It was fun at the time, wonder if it will hold up now.

RestamSalucard

Feb 26, 2010
Aiberg said:
who else doesn't like moviebob? I would like to know the number of people.
Yes, because People Who Don't Like Moviebob are going to see this comment after his 67th video. Unless you find something in this video itself objectionable.

Mattteus

May 1, 2009
Cruise was excellent in both Magnolia and Collateral.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who got really pissed seeing the Smurf trailer. Funny because I absolutely hated them when I was a kid... with a passion.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Orekoya said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
Are we really that desperate to revive old 80's cartoons into movies that we have to dig out the SMURFS? Really? Wasn't Scooby Doo, Transformers, and Alvin and the Chimpmucks any idication that they aren't a good idea. Wait, nevermind, no matter the stupid reason, those movies somehow made embarressing amounts of money.
Thundercats is next, and they'll be in "modern day" New York too. *cuts wrist before it can happen*
O.O

NO! STOP!

*Hands Orekoya a gun*

THIS IS MUCH FASTER!

stueymon

Aug 29, 2009
The smurfs being transplanted to America is as bad as someone taking Tin Tin and making the majority of the actors British...

wait what? they're doing that?..... Oh well. At least it's got the holy trinity of funny men Nick frost, Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright attached, So if anything at least it'll be funny.

The Green hornet on the other hand? I think that's a certain American export that's not really made it elsewhere. I certainly had never heard of it before the internet rumour mill started spouting off about a superhero film in which I kept wondering where the Magic ring that made anything came in. Turns out to be a bat man rip-off in which Batman is constantly being outdone by a Kung Fu side kick.

Next film to review Mr Bob? Inception, if thats out over there yet?

Orekoya

Sep 24, 2008
Not G. Ivingname said:
Orekoya said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
O.O

NO! STOP!

*Hands Orekoya a gun*

THIS IS MUCH FASTER!
That wasn't a joke [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1047015/].

Well, the new york part was but that's just my cynical side talking.

They're also talking about restarting the cartoon in 2011 too. [http://scifiwire.com/2010/06/8-things-we-know-about-the-new-thundercats-tv-show.php]

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Orekoya said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
Orekoya said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
O.O

NO! STOP!

*Hands Orekoya a gun*

THIS IS MUCH FASTER!
That wasn't a joke [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1047015/].

Well, the new york part was but that's just my cynical side talking.

They're also talking about restarting the cartoon in 2011 too. [http://scifiwire.com/2010/06/8-things-we-know-about-the-new-thundercats-tv-show.php]
I knew you weren't joking :(

Just leave a bullet for me.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
Never cared much for Smurfs but what they've gone and done with the movie version is... just wrong.