Escape to the Movies: Lawless

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Lawless

Indiana Jones' son and Bane are teaming up to hustle moonshine.

Watch Video

Azure Knight-Zeo

Jun 7, 2010
I may have to go see Robot and Frank.

Also, the Jersey Shore is canceled? Maybe this world isn't as bad as I thought it was.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Just to be part of the chorus:

NO NO NO NO NO!

Bret Ratner cannot be allowed to make any more comic book movies. EVER!

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
Don't worry Bob, over in the UK we have a show were we can feel superior by not watching it, it's called Geordie Shore and is currently plaquing the airways which is enjoyed by your typical ignorant douchebags who think anyone who doesn't go out to clubs every night, drink heavily and have sex with every random girl/boy they find is a loser and in a shocking twist, it is actually worse than Jersey Shore. Luckily for you Americans, they don't show it in the US (I think anyway), but if it ever does come to the states, a word of warning

BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID!

portal_cat

Jun 25, 2009
I'm glad it wasn't bad. I do want to see it.

And anything the MTV airs makes me feel smarter for not watching it like 16 and pregnant.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
It shouldn't be hard to find another show to feel superior about not watching, there are plenty of shitty shows to choose from.

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
I would totally watch this, but I just can't support Shia as an action star.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
About the Jersey Shore comment at the end...well, there's already a replacement for it called Honey Boo-Boo or something of equal or less intelligence. To make matters worse that show is on TLC which just baffles my mind to the point that blood pours out of my ears every time I see a commercial for that...thing.

---

No plans to see Lawless but a poster for Robot and Frank got me really interested but gave away nothing of the plot, as posters are want to do. I may have to head back into the heart of DC to check that one out.

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
Are you not reviewing brave then? Out of curiosity.

Also yeah, will check out robot and frank if it comes my way. I am still a bit on the fence.

Diane Miller

Jul 2, 2011
The Justice League. Am I the only one who thinks it's too early for this? Not every studio has to follow the path Marvel did in leading up to the Avengers, but it would be nice if DC tried it. They might at least learn to make decent movies about someone besides Batman.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I'll take a moment to stand up for "Premium Rush", which I just caught a few days ago. It's not going to change your life, but it definitely doesn't deserve to get tarred with the same brush as crap like "Gleaming the Cube". It's coherent, both in plot and in action, with some genuine adrenaline-spiking moments and a real physicality so often absent in the era of flea-on-meth editing and excessive CGI. And while the characters aren't much deeper than they need to be, they also aren't generally "who dropped you as a baby" stupid like so many half-considered action movie characters. It's a perfectly decent late-summer action offering, and it won't make you feel like you've sacrificed brain cells to see it. Give it a whirl.

Re: Jersey Shore- I don't need to feel superior, I'm just glad it's f@$%ing gone.

Demoliboy2

Dec 21, 2009
Hey Bob, will you review brave? I always enjoy your Pixar reviews and I wnted to know if Brave is up to notch. Thanks in advance.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Azure Knight-Zeo said:
Also, the Jersey Shore is canceled? Maybe this world isn't as bad as I thought it was.
Maybe this will shut those, "I lost all faith in humanity!" people up finally...

Also, can someone remind me who Bret Ratner is again. Is he the guy that did GL?

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Diane Miller said:
The Justice League. Am I the only one who thinks it's too early for this? Not every studio has to follow the path Marvel did in leading up to the Avengers, but it would be nice if DC tried it. They might at least learn to make decent movies about someone besides Batman.
Well they have Superman coming, they would have to remake Batman, make a Wonder Woman movie, make a Martian Manhunter movie, make an Aquaman movie, and make a Flash movie, and pull a Hulk on the Green Lantern in order to follow Marvels path, which will take years to complete. What they could do however is reverse Marvel, make a Justice League movie and then release all of the others as "prequels"

Azure Knight-Zeo

Jun 7, 2010
WanderingFool said:
Azure Knight-Zeo said:
Maybe this will shut those, "I lost all faith in humanity!" people up finally...

Also, can someone remind me who Bret Ratner is again. Is he the guy that did GL?
No, he did X-men III.