Escape to the Movies: Legion

Marlun_42

Nov 30, 2009
Oh, well. I was hoping for a good action flick with this one. Maybe it'll still be worthy of an MST3K night or something.

And I am also with CoCo.

RyePunk

Dec 5, 2008
So basically if I want to see evil angels set in a religious context I should keep watching Supernatural?

Namewithheld

Apr 30, 2008
SteveBurger said:
Not that I'm questioning his acting skill in particular, but has Dennis Quaid ever been in a good movie? I can't think of one he's been in that I found myself remotely interested in...
{fpfpafhafioasn!

ENEMY MINE!?

Only one of the best Sci-fi movies EVER!?

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
I will say this, God is not for movies video games or tv, he's for chruch. just deal with it

pyro42

Aug 22, 2009
ok as not only a Christian but as a pastor and a gamer i would like to clear one or to things up. One not all Christian or Bible touting nut jobs, just like any group of people the crazies are the loudest. two not only is the primose of this movie ridiculousness but from a Biblicaly wrong. God is not some cranky old man that like to show His power form time to time and smite so humans that are getting out of line. Now was for this reveiw well i can see where moviebob is coming from, i never went to Catholic school but i have friend that did and i got to say i'm glad my dad was Methodist. but to be honist the movie didn't look all that good from the perverse, so yeah. but Bob i do want u to know that not all of us Christians are nut jobs, k. no were in the Bible did Jesus tell the people to "go out and speak agents the whole of gamer culture." all he say was to love people and that's really it. oh and Bob i know ur busy but are u going to do any more of those Gameover Thinkers. I'm really looking foreword to a new one.

pyro42

Aug 22, 2009
zombie711 said:
I will say this, God is not for movies video games or tv, he's for chruch. just deal with it
well i don't know about that. though yes not one has done it right yet. i mean most "Christian" games suck, (and this is coming from a pastor) and most "non-Christian" game miss the mark so bad they took out a school three mil. away. so i guess what i'm saying is yes if you can't do it right don't do it at all.

Ridonculous_Ninja

Apr 15, 2009
The Cherubim Black Ops Death Squad requires founding. Right now. Or at least a promotional video...

Good review, pretty much what I expected this to end up as, although with zombies.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
I thought the only Angels that were truly badass were the ones in gods army of which Michael was the field commander...

Why does god need an army again?

This either means that god has a great sense of what is awesome or the people who wrote the bible didn't think most of their stories through.

Mechanix

Dec 12, 2009
Eh, I knew this movie was going to be bad from the start. The possessed human thing is retarded, angels should have the power to basically rip any human a new one, why would they need to possess shit?

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Therumancer said:
MovieBob said:
Legion
...I do suspect you might be a bit biased against religious movies, although I've only seen you review two. Both of these movies seem like the kind of thing you would rave about otherwise. With this one for example (which I have yet to see) you compared it to a zombie movie, and honestly I kind of thought you LIKED zombie movies for some reason.
I didn't read that he was biased against religion at all. It is just an unfortunate and happy coincidence that lots of pseudo-religious movies these days are total shit. The good biblical movies were back in the 70s; straight faced epics about Moses or Samson kicking ass. They don't make religious movies that unironic or serious nowerdays - not enjoyable ones anyway.

KazNecro

Jun 1, 2009
Not too keen on MovieBob thinking Spawn was bad, but the fact that he's with CoCo evens it out, I guess. Nice review, BTW.

Spoon1138

Oct 12, 2009
I actually dig Spawn but whatever. Oh 90's, how I miss your silly concepts of "edge." Actually, seriously - come back. Please? I miss you...

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
I saw the jab at Spawn there... sure is now a relic with the newest material being half baked but the early stuff was still good...

YoUnG205

Ugh!...
Oct 13, 2009
I will never watch this unless it comes on a t.v. channel at some point.
In other words I would never pay to see this film it just does not loook that good to me.