Escape to the Movies: Machete Kills

Monsterfurby

Mar 7, 2008
Say what you want, but as a West Wing fan I am surprisingly entertained by the casting nod towards Charlie Sheen's dad's most influential TV role.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
SAMAS said:
True, but none of that absolves the Republicans of any of their old or new shit.
True

SAMAS said:
Any that is the other reason why I still support the Dems over the GOP: As bad as the Democrats are, I have yet to be convinced that the Republican Party is not worse. At least the Democrats don't go around trying to pass or maintain laws that make other Americans into second-class citizens.
Really? That is the conclusion you reached after finding out how the democrats support the NASA, programs Prism and XKeyscore? You still think that one is better than the other?

Do yourself a favor and look at todays news [http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/leaks-by-edward-snowden-suggest-nsa-collects-millions-of-americans-address-books/2013/10/15/ce043b56-359f-11e3-be86-6aeaa439845b_story.html?tid=auto_complete]. How you can still consider one side "not as bad" as the other is beyond me.

Darken12

Apr 16, 2011
I was going to give this one a miss, but then Lady Gaga showed up and now I have a morbid curiosity to see what they have her do in the movie.

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
The best way to approach this movie is as a comedy. Also, the best James Bond movie in about 30 years. It's a silly, over-the-top, campy, grindhouse of a movie. It was a blast to watch.

The immigration issue was more of a casual reference and a plot device than a serious point like the last movie.

It's basically an hour and a half on selling you on the idea of "Machete Kills In Space". It worked! I can not wait to see the sequel. One of my favorite movies this year. It's not great. Unlike most of the mediocre summer blockbusters this year, it was entertaining.

Tim Chuma

Jul 9, 2010
Still haven't watched the first one. Got my movies and TV shows mixed up as I thought the "exploding tortoise" was part of the movie.

CGI blood splatters? I'm not so sure, back in the day they used to fill condoms full of fake blood and use explosives on the stunt actors to make them spray everywhere.

At least I can watch the progress of Gareth Evans on the Raid 2 via twitter.

Urameshi13

Jan 18, 2011
One of the reasons I stayed away from Machete was because I figured it was going to make cartoon characters out of anyone who was opposed to immigration reform. Just once, I'd like a film that talks about Mexican immigration to the US to show that just because a person feels we should patrol our borders (all of them) like every other country in the world does (including Mexico itself), doesn't mean that person is a racist.

Urameshi13

Jan 18, 2011
One of the reasons I stayed away from Machete was because I figured it was going to make cartoon characters out of anyone who was opposed to immigration reform. Just once, I'd like a film that talks about Mexican immigration to the US to show that just because a person feels we should patrol our borders (all of them) like every other country in the world does (including Mexico itself), doesn't mean that person is a racist.