Escape to the Movies: Machete

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I loved this movie. absolutely loved it.

Also, i have that poster of lindsay lohan. maybe its just me, but she looks hot in it, especialy after all that shit she went through in life.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
Thanks for this review, I'm actually much more interested in seeing this movie now. I'm not gung-ho about films with a political message, but I agree with your feelings on films that give you "something to think about" and blend it will with gripping action (which I think is why Inception also worked so well).

Viik

Aug 14, 2010
One of the dumbest movies I've ever seen. Dialogues here I worse than they where in B mobies 20 years ago. Film does give you "something to think about" - how the hell Rodriges get's money to shoot such "movie art"?
Movie Bob, you have some really weird taste, really can't understand how you can rant on Expendables but give OK to this trash. Are you fan of Rodriges or something?

Mr_Jellyfish

Jan 11, 2011
Not too keen on this one, really didn't like Sin City, boring self-indulgent and not nearly as clever as it thinks it is. I do like Rodriguez I guess, I certainly like the spirit of the guy. Not much of a fan of the Grindhouse thing though, but might give this a go if it's as good as Bob says... Although this is the only review I've read or seen that liked it... Hmm... Yeah I'll give it a go. Although, Inglorious Basterds was kinda rubbish, just sayin

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
I watched this movie just now. To sum it up in one sentence: Pure, stupid, manly, gory, insane FUN! Watch this fucking movie!

So Moviebob, I listened to you and rented 4 movies you recommended, Repo Men, Machete, Splice and Wolfman. Already commented on the first one, now I've got 2 more left :)

I FUCKING KNEW THAT ROPE WAS SOMEONE'S INTESTINES! Epically crazy fun scene! Laughed so hard my awful cough came back!