Escape to the Movies: Machete

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
I personally have always loved Danny Trejo, almost always see him as a villain, nice change (sort of ;) )

Definantly going to check it out!

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
Sounds good! I figured there would be something about the border debate in there, I remember a line from the movie where someone says "We didn't cross the border! The border crossed us!" which had me giggling and rolling my eyes at the same time, as it was meant to do. I'll probably hit the theater for this one.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
This is one I already wanted to see.
I loved the Grindhouse flicks, and Rodriguez is just freaking awesome.
Sign me up!

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Again, I feel like MovieBob missed the point of why people really disliked his Expendables review, but moving on from that...

I never would of thought that a movie like Machete, which was basically made as joke, would turn out like the way you described it. I might check it out, if I find someone to watch it with, since I usually don't like to watch movies by myself.

IronyIsGood

Mar 21, 2010
Not a rope huh?
I'm guessing it's a fire hose. I used to wonder if they could support the weight of a person.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Oh, dear, what a cast. I have to see it just because of that.

I seriously hope you're right about this one and it actually sounds like a lot of fun.

Incidentally, this week's column is still about that movie? Oh, dear.

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
Soylent Bacon said:
If you're too impatient to wait to see what the "rope" is, just watch the red band trailer on Youtube. WARNING: It also contains nudity, on top of the gore.
If it does, how is it on Youtube? Just curious.

Also the movie sounds interesting enough to watch :)

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
I'm speechless. The movie with the Minigun motorcycles and weaponized low-riders is a deep political thriller?

I don't even know what to think. I think I need to see more of the movies he reviews.

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
JourneyThroughHell said:
Oh, dear, what a cast. I have to see it just because of that.
Ha, don't even mention the 'great cast' in this forum, we're trying to forget that debacle from a few weeks ago...

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
I haven't exactly seen a movie with a shit ton of action for quite a while now, so i'l think i'l definatly check this out.

Great episode this week!

run_forrest_run

Dec 28, 2009
What the hell did he mean by "a fairly poor summer." Did he suddenly forget about Inception, Toy Story 3 and Scott Pilgrim vs the world.