Escape to the Movies: Machete

jamescorck

Jan 25, 2010
I already want to see the movie, and I will keep an eye out for the political implications MovieBob mentions. I want to see if they are really there or if we are over-reading too much into it.

Just Craig

May 21, 2010
"Weaponized Low-Riders."
I think I'm now required to see this or else I'll be kicked out of Albuquerque...

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Wolf Devastator said:
JourneyThroughHell said:
Oh, dear, what a cast. I have to see it just because of that.
Ha, don't even mention the 'great cast' in this forum, we're trying to forget that debacle from a few weeks ago...
Debacle? What do you mean? Are you referencing that other movie? If so, it too had great cast.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
In the Ependables review he talked about how Crews deserves to be more famous than he is; how about Danny Trejo? He's great to watch regardless of the material and really does deserve a fair bit more fame than the little that he has.

House_Vet

Dec 27, 2009
Intestines or - perish the absolute hideousness of the thought.... Think a little lower....

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
MovieBob said:
Fun fact, the movie star (who also been in around 125 films up to this point) was a real Mexican gangster, who spent his jail time working out and turning himself around. When he got out, one of his probation buddies was a producer for a film and saw that Danny was the perfect "scary Mexican bad guy" that film needed.

hoboofdeath42

Mar 15, 2010
anyone else notice the "Spy Kids" connection? Doesn't Danny Trejo play a guy codenamed Machette, and the priest guy play 'uncle Felix'?

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
run_forrest_run said:
What the hell did he mean by "a fairly poor summer." Did he suddenly forget about Inception, Toy Story 3 and Scott Pilgrim vs the world.
Yeah, this has been the best summer in a long, long while.
Well, I've always liked Rodriguez, so maybe I'll check it out.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Furrama said:
Intestines? Just a guess.
Wouldn't that be slimy though? You'd think it would be hard to hold on to.

Anyway, this looks okay, might see it on DVD.

EDIT: Forgot to mention how awful the spirit was. Dear god, I almost cried when showed it's poster.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
I didn't know this was coming out and after i knew i didn't it would be good but it looks great. Is that "rope" intestines? I didn't know he was a prision boxing champio, or that he was in prision at all.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
GUESSING GAME TIME:

Okay without looking it up what do you guys and girls think it is? I'm guessing someone's spine. Wait that's too long. Fuck. Okay what do people think.

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
hoboofdeath42 said:
anyone else notice the "Spy Kids" connection? Doesn't Danny Trejo play a guy codenamed Machette, and the priest guy play 'uncle Felix'?
Yeah, I noticed that too. From what I've seen so far, you could probably go through the whole movie pretending that it's an ultra-violent Spy Kids prequel and it would probably fit.