Escape to the Movies: Machete

Nodrog

Dec 9, 2007
Apparently, Moviebob also likes "Fuckin' rainbows". How does that work?

I kind of want to see this movie now.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
To answer Bob's question 'don't you just feel better when they give you something to think about?':

No. No, not always. Some movies are art, some movies are just plain dumb entertainment, some are miraculously both at the same time. When I'm in the mood for something dumb, after a way too overstimulating day, the Expendables or anything like that would be perfect. So no, Bob, stuff to think about is not always better.

Jimmybobjr

Aug 3, 2010
Soooo....
Its a movie that would requite being an American to understand?
Coz i dont get it.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
hoboofdeath42 said:
anyone else notice the "Spy Kids" connection? Doesn't Danny Trejo play a guy codenamed Machette, and the priest guy play 'uncle Felix'?
You are correct sir!

Moviebob made this movie sounds pretty good too bad I don't like high gore and lots of nudity in my films so I'm going to give it a pass.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
stuff to think about is always better; that's what also gets me about liking junk movies on this site because you can get the exact same experience a stupid action movie brings ON ANY FRIGGIN' ACTION GAME (though with better writing, direction, editing, etc, etc). Seriously, people my age shouldn't NEED to watch that crap anymore because a game legitimately DOES have an excuse for not prioritizing writing. I do prefer stuff to think about in my narratives, though occasionally you do get holier-than-thou preachy bullshit more often than not.

Anyway, I'm not sure I agree on the political issues thing, but I have been looking forward to this (even if Rodriguez has directed some iffy films unlike his buddy Tarantino who HASN'T made a bad film). Guess even Rodriguez couldn't curb Seagal's ego.

jaing1138

May 25, 2010
If i can pesuade a few of my friends to make this a day out for then i'll probably see it but i'll buy the blu ray/dvd in either case. It does look better than the expendables because:
1: its a fake great trailer turned into what seems to be a decent film
2: its main attraction and gimminck is not the cast unlike the expendables whose marketing tactic was to prostitute in a way a bunch of action movie stars whose careers have mostly bombed prior to this (at least Bruce Willis had the sence to only make a cameo though id thought jet li would have had more sense)- Though i think MB was a bit over the top with the review to a degree-
3: I've always wanted to see a robert rodriguez film but havent seen any others aside from predators that i've wanted to buy/see.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I had never seen this even adveretised, and i think for god reason too - Certainly not something I would want to see anyway

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
I have been looking forward to this film since I watched the fake trailer.

I am going to see this the day it comes out in the UK

For all of you wondering what the rope is?

Check this video out [http://tinyurl.com/29nbzwn]

lumpenprole

Apr 15, 2009
RE: Executive Decision

It's funny because I just re-watched that. I still remember my old film theory prof recommending it to me. I said "Steven Segal?" and he said:
"Nah, it's cool, he dies"

Still holds up. Kind of funny to see how much of that cast went on to be fairly well known. Might be the first thing I ever saw Oliver Platt in.

RE: Machete

I already wanted to see it, and now I want to see it more. Thanks, MovieBob.

DiscoAtThePanic

Sep 3, 2010
I usually find myself agreeing with Filmdrunk.com alot more often than I do with Bob. They only gave Meh-chete a C+. I have never liked Robert Rodriguez movies as much as the nerdsphere does and I am deffinately not going to rush out and see this. Maybe the Dolalr movies, maybe wait for Cable.

loophole92

Jul 29, 2009
Engaging in subtle digs at The Expendables doesn't equal you shutting your, as of recently, arrogant mouth. I thought you couldn't get any lower after last week but kudos for beating all expectations. Machete looks fun though