Escape to the Movies: Machete

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Furrama said:
Intestines? Just a guess.
my thought exactly as my hand moved to my belly :p
seems a good call, might go see it (IF it's in its original language)

DiscoAtThePanic

Sep 3, 2010
Sir John the Net Knight said:
Well, I was considering seeing this until I found out it was one of those "kill whitey" movies that supposed to make me lament the problems of the people who took our jerbs! Makes me pine for those days when a movie with Cheech Marin was guaranteed to feature mindless, drug-addled humor. Also it reminds me why I enjoy mindless movies like Die Hard where a lot of shit blows up and I'm not expect to challenge my point of view that "Hollywood" deemed wrong many moons ago.

I wonder if The Expendables is still playing?
Hey, now! Stop expecting Movie Bob to ever side against any attempt by hollywood, even a retarded attempt like this, to add pretentious political posturing to a short bus film like this!

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Brockyman said:
I haven't seen the movie yet, but I would like to see what the "racist" Senator is like.

Is he a cartoon-ish villain that hates people only for their skin color
OR
Is the character a "left wing described" racist that wants border security, an end to illegal immigration and the problems it has caused.
(and in case you didn't notice, or are an extreme left-winger THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TOO)

I have nothing against anyone of any skin color. All people are equal in the eyes of the law (and of God if your religious), but that means everyone must be TREATED EQUALLY UNDER THE LAW, therefore if your white, black, hipsanic, Indian, Arab, Asian, or come from Canada, Mexico, the UK, Iraq, China or Japan YOU NEED TO COME IN LEGALLY AND FOLLOW OUR LAWS, and SPEAK THE LANGUAGE.

EXAMPLE: If I ever intend on moving to another country to work, first thing I'm going to do is pick up Rosetta Stone and learn how to communicate and do business in that country. Just because your of Hispanic-origin, doesn't mean you should expect us to bend over backwards to communicate. IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. Now, if charities and churches want to offer English classes to help the poor people, that's great.
Our country does not have an official language. If anything, you should be learning Spanish. Really, it's not that difficult. Also, "border security" is a fool's errand. Anyone who really wants to enter this country is going to regardless of the law. The amount of drain on public services by illegals doesn't compare to the amount we spend failing to keep them out. We should just give up and help them integrate into society with social security cards, rather than making them second class citizens and criminals.

The reason people throw the word "racist" around so freely is because of the amount of widespread panic over the population of Mexicans in an area that used to BE Mexico. It's a little silly.

DiscoAtThePanic

Sep 3, 2010
joebear15 said:
radicaledward92 said:
MB202 said:
Again, I feel like MovieBob missed the point of why people really disliked his Expendables review, but moving on from that...

I never would of thought that a movie like Machete, which was basically made as joke, would turn out like the way you described it. I might check it out, if I find someone to watch it with, since I usually don't like to watch movies by myself.
Why because people dont like being told how stupid they are?
Come on now stop it you two Im sick of it and many others are as well. the dead horse has been beaten enough stop it
When Movie Bob goes an entire review without mentioning the Expendable backlash and how wrong everyone was, then the forums will let it die. So far, he hasn't

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
hmm this movie really caught on to me for some strange reason, I might just check it out.

pretzil

Jan 30, 2010
Wow, I can't wait to rush out and see this movie, when it gets to Australia... IN NOVEMBER

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
STOP GIVING JESSICA ALBA ATTENTION

She's a horrible actor, and nice T&A doesn't forgive it. Damn, the attempt to make her look smart and "sciency" in fantastic four by only putting her hair back and a pair of glasses made her look like more of a joke than she already is.

wehrp3nguin

Dec 21, 2009
zelda2fanboy said:
Our country does not have an official language. If anything, you should be learning Spanish. Really, it's not that difficult. Also, "border security" is a fool's errand. Anyone who really wants to enter this country is going to regardless of the law. The amount of drain on public services by illegals doesn't compare to the amount we spend failing to keep them out. We should just give up and help them integrate into society with social security cards, rather than making them second class citizens and criminals.

The reason people throw the word "racist" around so freely is because of the amount of widespread panic over the population of Mexicans in an area that used to BE Mexico. It's a little silly.
1) English is 'compulsory' in most, if not all, American schools. While most colleges ask you have four years of a foreign language, Spanish isn't mandatory.

B) You know how in the 'movies' people who rob banks and commit crimes often plan on "jumping the border" to Mexico? Well, people who do that in real life get caught and rot on Mexican jail, because... THEY ARE Criminals, and not for the crimes in the USA (I don't believe Mexico expedites convicts), but for illegal immigration. Turns out, Mexico doesn't like people going into their country illegally... It's a little silly don't you think.

#) They can integrate all they want, until they start killing/raping/robbing people.

))) I Honestly wanted to see this movie when I saw the trailer, but now that its all political, and not just some guy getting revenge for his family... I'm a little iffy

Phantom64

Jan 25, 2010
Well I'm definitely going to go see it. Don't particularly care for the message but hey this movie's not trying to take itself seriousl anyway. XD

though not to spark a political debate I just got to say this. I don't want to kick every illegal alien out of the country I just want them to secure our freaking border! Is anyone paying attention to those psychotic Mexican drug cartels (who have pretty much destroyed Mexico from the inside out) who have been taking advantage of our pisspoor border security to smuggle drugs, weapons, and people acoss it? If we don't fix this soon our Border States will be having to deal with the same anarchy that Mexico is dealing with.

SomeUnregPunk

Jan 15, 2009
joebear15 said:
He respond to the flamers on the other side whom then flame him and continue the cycle. It has to stop i dont care whos right and whos wrong or has their feeling hurt this d bag showdown is dragged on long enough and both sides have to let it go. I dont care Who got the last blow STOP
Or you can do what the majority of us have been doing so far and ignoring those posts.
That is how you effectively stop flame wars and trolls.

Jinjiro

Fresh Prince of Darkness
Apr 20, 2008
Danny Trejo deserves many more lead roles - he's awesome. He's been Hollywood's go-to guy when they need a scary looking Latino guy for years, and now he's showing he can kick ass as a frontman instead of supporting cast. Way to go Mr. Trejo!

I also will be seeing this movie. This movie looks like a blast, and there's just something about Michelle Rodriguez that gets me hot under the collar. Can't wait.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
wehrp3nguin said:
1) English is 'compulsory' in most, if not all, American schools. While most colleges ask you have four years of a foreign language, Spanish isn't mandatory.

B) You know how in the 'movies' people who rob banks and commit crimes often plan on "jumping the border" to Mexico? Well, people who do that in real life get caught and rot on Mexican jail, because... THEY ARE Criminals, and not for the crimes in the USA (I don't believe Mexico expedites convicts), but for illegal immigration. Turns out, Mexico doesn't like people going into their country illegally... It's a little silly don't you think.

#) They can integrate all they want, until they start killing/raping/robbing people.

))) I Honestly wanted to see this movie when I saw the trailer, but now that its all political, and not just some guy getting revenge for his family... I'm a little iffy
1) What schools teach is not the law. If it were, I'd probably be in jail for talking during lunch.

B) Yeah, so you want our country to be more like Mexico? I don't. Seems like you've got some fishy info there. You don't even need a passport to get into Mexico. You need one to get back. Mexican cops might bother you if you hung around a lot and wanted to live there, but even if you had documentation, they'd probably do the same thing anyway. They like bribes. Also, bounty hunting for ex cons in Mexico is illegal and that's how Dog the Bounty Hunter first got famous. Dog got arrested for capturing a wealthy rapist named Andrew Luster who had been successfully living under an assumed name for a few months. Luster was subsequently extradited back to the US - NOT kept in Mexico for breaking immigration laws.

#) Uhhhhhh. Are you suggesting that Mexicans are more likely to commit murder? No idea why someone might think that's racist. Not a clue. Maybe you shouldn't go see Machete.

Aulleas123

Aug 12, 2009
Nurb said:
STOP GIVING JESSICA ALBA ATTENTION

She's a horrible actor, and nice T&A doesn't forgive it. Damn, the attempt to make her look smart and "sciency" in fantastic four by only putting her hair back and a pair of glasses made her look like more of a joke than she already is.
And she has the herp... oops.

I'm probably gonna skip this one, I don't need to see any race being categorized as being "bad" or "good".

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
To be honest, I'm kinda worried about this flick, I mean I'd really like to see it but it's reminding me of another Rodriguez movie I wasn't particularly fond of.

Considering all the characters and story lines this movies seems to be jam packed with, I'm worried this might end up being another Once upon a time in Mexico, and I hated that movie.

What I don't want is a movie that turns out to be a complete mess, clusterfucked with so many unnecessary characters with their pointless side plots inconveniently shoehorns in, to where you barely get any time with those that matter.

If I'm to go see Machete, I'm going to go see it for Danny Trejo's performance, I don't want to see fifty side kicks chewing up the scenery as the main antagonist deals with 50 of his own.

I can't emphasize this enough, I really don't want two thirds of the movie introducing me to who's who in the world of Latin American actors and what they've been doing since that last Robert Rodriguez disaster....0o

For me that's exactly what Once upon a time in Mexico was, and unlike Sin City, none of the 1 dimensional caricatured, 2 minute noteworthy characters were any ways interesting to say the least...0o

RDubayoo

Sep 11, 2008
Wonderful, I think I get the gist of this movie already. If you oppose illegal immigration and believe that the laws of the United States should be enforced, LUL YUR A RACIZT. Wonderful! Meanwhile, lives are being destroyed in Arizona and elsewhere by the very illegal immigrants Rodriguez wants us to feel sorry for.

Kiss my ass Rodriguez. And for that matter, anyone who adopts the easy, "Oh, just show compassion and let them stream in" attitude which will only result in disaster can kiss my ass, too. You're naive, stupid, and guess what? YOU are the racist for favoring these illegal immigrants over legal citizens just because the former happens to be a little browner.