Escape to the Movies: Men in Black 3

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I was reeeeeeeeeeally hopeing this wouldn't re-hash the previous ones... now im sad... if Jermane can't save it then... *weeps*

The cartoon series was the shisnit though.

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
In the same way that I would consider proper reviews more than Zero Punctuation, I am going to ignore Movie Bob here and listen to a proper critic like Ebert or anyone from Rotten Tomatos (where it also has an 84% audience rating). I generally don't agree with Bob on his movie opinions anyway, so there's that.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I think Bob might be taking these movies a little too seriously, they're supposed to be silly.

Marik2 said:
Seems MIB lost its swag after the cartoon was over

Still thinking of going to watch MIB3
HOLY CRAP, now I remember that show! It was brilliant to watch as a kid growing up.

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
I actually enjoyed the third film. I think that critics sometimes get wrapped up in expecting series to evolve in a critical way, and forget that series like MIB were always going to be stupid in the first place. The first movie was better, yes, and so was the second. If you busy yourself with how "disappointed" you are with this movie, after placing such expectations on a sequel, you've obviously been expecting more than is realistic.

It's a VERY RARE third movie that isn't a planned part of a trilogy that doesn't turn out a bit "meh". I think of this as an average movie, not a bad one. Emotional reactions of disappointment are certainly what hardcore fans of the franchise may have, but everyone else knows it's just a stupid film to take your family to see.

I'm not saying recommend the film, but don't start calling something terrible simply because it did not meet expectations. That's bull. It's not terrible, it's average. Very average, lots of wasted potential as well. However, I got laughs out of it. I'm sure you could do much worse with some other movies that are on. A few of those really are terrible.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
doggie015 said:
misterprickly said:
I have to agree with what Eric Jones said...

"So Bob didn't like a popcorn movie? Sounds good! I wasn't too enthusiastic before, but when Bob doesn't like a popcorn movie, it usually turns out to be a lot of fun. When he likes one, it turns out to suck as bad as Scott Pilgrim."

This movie will probably be hilarious!
I am seriously considering seeing it. Bob was right about the Avengers (That is the MOST AWESOME MOVIE EVER!), but I get the feeling he is wrong about this one.
Bob watched the first 15minutes of the movie, the trailer on youtube, then wrote his review. After watching the movie, I honestly do not believe he saw more than what he could record for a bootleg before the theater threw him out. I've never seen him more obvious in his shtick of just hating on sci-fi cause it isn't the kind of super-serious sci-fi he likes.

After him saying Tree of Life was the movie of 2011, I wouldn't trust his recommendation or condemnation of anything when it comes to cinema.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
The trailer for MiB3 alone made me think "why?" But thanks for confirming anyway Bob lol. Wish I could get a copy of the animated series on dvd/blu-ray but apparently legal bs continues to prevent it from being available.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Lionsfan said:
This will probably make a ton of money. Will Smith is just a money-machine, which is why I can never take him seriously as an actor
You should see his last movie; 7 Pounds. It is both a bad movie and demonstrates that Will Smith's acting range is limited. Some say Hancock is his worst movie, but it's not. Not by a long shot.

Have to agree with MovieBob, the MiB franchise had so much potential, it could have been big. The animated series did a lot of things and it did them very well.

Also, series 1 to 7 of Power Rangers comes in a 40 disc collection, how much of that is episodes and how many are special features?

zeratul123

May 25, 2009
WOW this review sucked. THe movie was great, extremely funny and emotional, good thing i watched the movie before the review you dissapoint me BOB :(

Reaper69lol

Disciple of The Gravity cat
Apr 16, 2010
I went in and saw a movie with a couple of friends, and we had a blast! I have no idea why anyone would dislike the movie...Its just pure fun to watch, a great popcorn flick.

Jman1236

Jul 29, 2008
Marik2 said:
Seems MIB lost its swag after the cartoon was over

Still thinking of going to watch MIB3
Ah back when MIB still had potential. I remember that it was seeing the cartoon that enticed me to rent the movie when it came out, it's was sweet.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
-I'm still going to see it, just love the universe. It takes something pretty bad for me to deny my completionist tendencies.

-Leonardo DiCaprio as a grumpy Gatsby? No thanks. Wasn't one of the things about Gatsby that he was ALWAYS be smiling?

-As obsessed as I was over the pink ranger power rangers, I don't want that brick of DVDs

Kekkonen1

Nov 8, 2010
For me this was one of those not-interested-in-the-least movies... Until I realised that it is Jemaine playing the bad guy! I am a HUGE FotC-fan and I just HAVE to see Jemaine play a crazy sooped-up biker!! Unfortunately I realise that the movie will still most likely suck =/

Ogargd

Nov 7, 2010
Shame people are using this space to bag Scott Pilgrim (which I think was good but that is irrelevant to this review) - I liked the first two men in black, as a child, now I think (like this one) they are simple and not really worth the time....

Klitch

Jan 8, 2011
So I just saw the movie tonight fully expecting the worst due to Bob's extremely negative review and... well it's really not that bad. I think Bob's point about the series just refusing to acknowledge J's experience as a MIB Agent as he continues to act like the ignorant new guy is spot on. Bob's also got a point with the large similarity in plot structure between this movie and MIB 2.

All that said, the alien designs are cool, the set pieces are awesome, the fights are great, the acting is fantastic (Josh Brolin was amazing, you literally forget that he's not actually Tommy Lee Jones), the new characters are hit and miss (O is a waste, Griffin is amazing), the time travel element is well-handled, and the story is fun and at times quite poignant. I had negative preconceptions about this movie even before Bob's review largely thanks to some simmering disappointment with MIB 2, but honestly, MIB 3 is pretty good (imho).

General Vengeance

Aug 26, 2009
On the contrary, if a movie constantly reviews poorly nowadays it stops me dead in my tracks to go see it. Movies are just getting to be to damn expensive to go see, and I don't have the patience to sit through 90 minutes of ho-hum entertainment.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
misterprickly said:
I have to agree with what Eric Jones said...

"So Bob didn't like a popcorn movie? Sounds good! I wasn't too enthusiastic before, but when Bob doesn't like a popcorn movie, it usually turns out to be a lot of fun. When he likes one, it turns out to suck as bad as Scott Pilgrim."

This movie will probably be hilarious!
this, this all over