Escape to the Movies: Monsters

Eldamar

Dec 24, 2008
Well, thats unfortunate. I normally LOVE the smaller indie pieces, and like you was excited about this movie. Oh well.

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
Wow, I haven't heard movieBob rage like that in quite some time. I had never heard of this movie and now that I have, I still have about the same chance of seeing it as I did before, none, unless someone wants to buy my way in and share their popcorn.

GreyEarth

The NightShifter
Dec 4, 2008
Thats disapointing. Was looking forward to this.
But I guess, if your stuck with the two main characters for the whole movie, and they suck at it...then the movies going to be worse off for it.

Maybe they'll get some proper actors next time, and a more engaging script to go with it, hey ?

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
I may check it out as a renter. I don't think you can expect great acting performances from unknown actors, you can only hope that you get them, so that isn't really a deal-breaker for me. (See: Evil Dead. (NO! I'm not saying that it was a bad movie; not at all! But if you think Campbell did an Oscar turn in it, then you are batshit-fucking-LOCO.)) I'm willing to endure a lot of bad acting for a good story, or even for good atmosphere-- Monsters might still provide the latter.

Personally, when I read that the director spent over a year doing the CGI himself, I kind of worried that maybe- just maybe- other aspects of the movie could suffer... and from Bob's description, I was entirely correct.

Redem

Dec 21, 2009
Oh well while my curiosity is pique now its very much down (although I'm kinda curious about the ending, thank god they are website just for that)

minnull

Feb 10, 2010
I never heard of this movie. I actually though this was going to be a review on Monsters in movies :(

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Dak_N_Jaxter said:
LOL
You have my sympathy.
(I've gotta watch Sharktopuss at some point.)
Well Get ready to laugh your ass off then XD SHAAAAAARKTOPUS!!

But Serioiusly when I heard there was a Movie called monsters, I got hyped up too...until I found out how some of it would be filmed...*Facepalm*

ONE GOOD MONSTER MOVIE IS ALL I'M ASKING FOR FROM THIS GODDAMN GENERATION!!!! ONE!!

HankMan said:
That Movie sounds so Bad it's...
(Puts on sun-glasses)
Scary
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

<color= red>HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Hahaha Win!! You've at least settled my rage :D

Redem

Dec 21, 2009
Ampersand said:
You should have been watching Glee anyway. ^_^
Heh Amusingly Moviebob blog is called The Game Overthinker and the (unrelated) website overthinkingit.com as a weekly webcast all about over-analysing glee

Zyxzy

Apr 16, 2009
Christ that movie sucked. Male cardboard meets female cardboard, they do stuff, then they botch stuff, then some tension happens, then people die, and then more going, then coolness, and then it ended horribly.

Nov 5, 2007
Of all those 5:26 minutes, the most important thing I got from this is: Hot damn lesbian cheerleaders on Glee.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Everything he described about the movie made it sound like shit to begin with, only thing I don't understand is how you were excited to see it in the first place.

ironlordthemad

Sep 25, 2009
I had never heard of this movie before (sue me im not into indie films or indie film festivals) and honestly even if I had known about it, I wouldn't have gone to see it because it just looks like crap.