Escape to the Movies: Muppets Most Wanted - Not Easy Being Green

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Muppets Most Wanted - Not Easy Being Green

The Muppets are back, but MovieBob doesn't quite think they've got the right ideas on how to fit into modern-day comedies.

Watch Video

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
So it's a basic muppet movie for the 2010s. I can dig it. Muppet movies were never tying to be GOOD, just funny. If you aren't simultaneously groaning and clutching your head, AND laughing yourself into a stupor, it's just not a muppet movie. Probably not the best, but far from the worst.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
piscian said:
Green goblin looks fine bob let it go.
He's not even green! Why call him the Green Goblin? At least have some dignity and use the Hobgoblin name there.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
I'm sorry, but am I the only person in the world that never really liked Peanuts?

Anyway, good review, Bob.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
That's what the new Green Goblin looks like? Wow, who came up with that?

I'll probably see this eventually, if not I'll probably get it on DVD.

Oct 20, 2010
MowDownJoe said:
piscian said:
He's not even green! Why call him the Green Goblin? At least have some dignity and use the Hobgoblin name there.

Agreed! Ugh, he looks like the Goblin picture from Dungeons and dragons 3.5. And the "Green" goblin wears less Green the Blue Raja wore Blue.

el_emmens

Mar 23, 2009
Jman1236 said:
Why must hollywood continue to kill my childhood?
Because Nothing is sacred to hollywood. not sure who said that, but hollywood does not care about what it has to destroy if it can make a cheap million off of it. Right now Nostalgia property = Big bucks in the eyes of big movie executives, it's why we got not one but 3 awful live action alvin and the chipmunks movies and two equally awful Smurfs films. For now, I can only be optimistic since it's being made by blue sky studios which has mad mostly decent movies.

TheMemoman

Mar 11, 2013
All Bob said sounded great to me. I now want to see this movie. It seems that the only worry he had about the movie doesn't even concern the movie itself. It's more like some anxiety driven rant about the series' new direction. About the fate of the uncertain future. We'll deal with it, when it happens. In the present, the movie Bob described to me sounded clever, heartfelt and amusing.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
piscian said:
Agree.

I get it, MovieBob hates the new Spiderman and is going to attack at every minutia of it like it was a personal affront, but I don't think the new Goblin is that bad. At least he looks better than a cheap plastic mask of the Wicked Witch with yellow acetate paper on his eyes...

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Blast, I was hoping you'd review the mess that os Divergent. I'm glad the Muppets are at least fun.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
King Whurdler said:
hermes200 said:
piscian said:
Agree.

I get it, MovieBob hates the new Spiderman and is going to attack at every minutia of it like it was a personal affront, but I don't think the new Goblin is that bad. At least he looks better than a cheap plastic mask of the Wicked Witch with yellow acetate paper on his eyes...
Like how he does in the comics? Yeah, god forbid.
Green makeup would have been closer to the comics. Instead he goes with a hard plastic mask that looks cheap. Unmasked Green Goblin (William Dafoe) looks maniacal and dangerous; masked Green Goblin looks ridiculous and cheap...

And there is a reason why most comic book movies have moved past having their characters dress like their comic book counterparts (thanks to that the X-Men cast doesn't look like they are dressed in multicolored spandex wearing plastic accessories: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_X_(film))