Escape to the Movies: Muppets Most Wanted - Not Easy Being Green

Ratty

Jan 21, 2014
To be fair while the new Green Goblin looks awful, Sam Raimi dropped the ball in that regard to. I think Weird Al said it best "...he's wearin' that dumb Power Rangers mask, but he's scarier without it on!"

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
I second your "Do not F*** this up" on your opinion of the Peanuts movie, Bob. Especially seeing that, being a Minnesotan, I do NOT want to see the works of homestate favorite Charles Schultz go bad.

BTW...while I'm here, I have to give you bonus points for the VR Troopers reference in your latest Game Overthinker.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Hmm... Interesting points Bob made... Still want to see this movie, regardless.

coheedswicked

Mar 28, 2010
hermes200 said:
King Whurdler said:
hermes200 said:
piscian said:
Green goblin looks fine bob let it go.
Agree.

I get it, MovieBob hates the new Spiderman and is going to attack at every minutia of it like it was a personal affront, but I don't think the new Goblin is that bad. At least he looks better than a cheap plastic mask of the Wicked Witch with yellow acetate paper on his eyes...
Like how he does in the comics? Yeah, god forbid.
Green makeup would have been closer to the comics. Instead he goes with a hard plastic mask that looks cheap. Unmasked Green Goblin (William Dafoe) looks maniacal and dangerous; masked Green Goblin looks ridiculous and cheap...

And there is a reason why most comic book movies have moved past having their characters dress like their comic book counterparts (thanks to that the X-Men cast doesn't look like they are dressed in multicolored spandex wearing plastic accessories: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_X_(film))

Ya... all the good comic book movies don't have their characters look anything like the comics... except Iron Man... and Thor. and Captain America. All of which have way better costume design than the X-Men movies, in which the costume design mentality seemed to be "its the year 2000 and we wish we were making a Matrix movie so lets just put everyone in black leather"

True many characters in recent marvel movies have donned the "ultimate" version of their respective costumes like Hawkeye and Falcon. SO let's take a look at ultimate green goblin: http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel//universe3zx/images/3/3f/Ultimategoblin-markbagley.jpg

Hmmmm.... not even close

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
That's not the Green Goblin, that's possessed Bilbo Baggins!

Mr Ink 5000 said:
I like Gervais, but had to stop following him on Twitter because he is annoying at the same time
Gervais has always walked the line of snarky and out right c*ntish, I really like his observational humour and his writing can be pretty funny but sometimes I just wanna slap him.

ShadowGandalf01

Oct 3, 2011
Blue Sky Studios is doing a Charlie Brown Movie? Oh, please don't screw it up.... No, I don't really care for Charlie Brown, but I really admire Blue Sky. They made Rio, and Ice Age, two series I love. Rio happens to be one of my top faves. I've seen every movie (except one) that Blue Sky has done, and enjoyed all of them. PLEASE don't lose it now...

linforcer

Sep 10, 2012
If this is half as good as the muppet reboot, I'll be super pleased to watch it. I'm not that big a fan of "the big muppet caper" but that's probably because I watched it in 2013 for the first time. Looking forward to this

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
All I know is I Fucking love the Muppets, and nothing will stop me enjoying this film!
If there was a Muppets Sherlock Holmes I would practically drop everything to devote my life to out!

nima55

Paladin of Traffic Law
Nov 14, 2010
If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Madhouse own the rights to the Peanuts? Why is Blue Sky making the new one?

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Might see it if friends go, not the biggest Ricky Gervais fan, but I can put up with him for something like this I think.

marioandsonic said:
I'm sorry, but am I the only person in the world that never really liked Peanuts?
Nope, I'm not a fan either. Ended up having to watch some of it with family on christmas and such when I was younger. I tried to like the comic as well but it never sat right with me either, so no, you're not alone.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Mr.Tea said:
Ukomba said:
Blast, I was hoping you'd review the mess that os Divergent. I'm glad the Muppets are at least fun.
He did. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/moviesandtv/moviebob/11176-Divergent-More-Like-Why-Vergent] Only, in written form, right here on the site.

OT: I know many people dislike Ricky Gervais for being a bit of an arrogant wanker, but I quite like him. Then again, I'm not exactly saturated by exposure to him, so maybe that's why I'm not tired of his persona. I also very much enjoyed the previous Muppet movie; all in all, this one sounds very good to me!
I am aware of and have read that. I was hoping for a video review, obviously. I guess he can go on a longer rant in text form, but it isn't as entertaining of as visible. The writing in the books is so bad that I want the.first movie to crash and burn so hard they don't make any more

WarpZone

Mar 9, 2008
MovieBob said:
Muppets Most Wanted - Not Easy Being Green
I was with you right up until the "Don't f**k this up" at the end. Do you really think it is possible for FOX to *not* f**k up Peanuts? Why would they make it CG if they weren't planning on giving it the full Smurfs treatment? This is the American movie industry we're talking about. If you know something we don't that gives you even a faint glimmer of hope, I'd sure like to know what it is.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
hermes200 said:
King Whurdler said:
hermes200 said:
piscian said:
Agree.

I get it, MovieBob hates the new Spiderman and is going to attack at every minutia of it like it was a personal affront, but I don't think the new Goblin is that bad. At least he looks better than a cheap plastic mask of the Wicked Witch with yellow acetate paper on his eyes...
Like how he does in the comics? Yeah, god forbid.
Green makeup would have been closer to the comics. Instead he goes with a hard plastic mask that looks cheap. Unmasked Green Goblin (William Dafoe) looks maniacal and dangerous; masked Green Goblin looks ridiculous and cheap...

And there is a reason why most comic book movies have moved past having their characters dress like their comic book counterparts (thanks to that the X-Men cast doesn't look like they are dressed in multicolored spandex wearing plastic accessories: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_X_(film))
So the main problem with the Green Goblin is he's incredibly difficult to transfer to film?

OT: I don't worry about most things about the Muppets, just that they be funny. If they can do action packed stunts as well, all the better. I was not expecting Sam the Eagle to get more screen time, but it works for me.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
piscian said:
Asking Bob not to beat a dead horse is like asking EA to stop making shitty games. I look forward to hearing about how much he hates the new Green Goblin in his 2015 movie reviews.