Escape to the Movies: New Moon

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
I saw it today. It was pretty bad.
The only good thing in the movie was the vampire fights and the werewolf fights.

So basically, I just liked seeing people get the crap beat out of them.

mrhappyface

Jul 25, 2009
New moon was crap, I have to give it to you, but this review makes it sound like it got a 0 on Metacritic. It's more like in the 20s-30s range. Excess profanity and one sided anger makes the review kind of crappy though.

Spyre2000

Apr 18, 2009
OMG DROP THE BEEPS!!! They are so loud I didn't even bother to watch the whole thing.

Besides anyone who has seen the comic clips "Unnecessary Censorship" knows that bleeping stuff makes things sound just as bad if not worst then leaving in the actual swearing. And I find it MORE offensive because the loud beeps are more jarring and disturbing then actual swearing.

lolandrew4

Nov 19, 2009
This book is like a plague, I go to the book store and I see hundreds of vampire related books.

petey hunter

Mar 7, 2009
Why is there so much advertising for it. this series is going by faster than Harry Potter, And I actually liked that series a bit, I actually opened Twilight and read a random sentence on 3 separate pages, 20 points for whoever guesses what I found.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
yeah, bob, I watch all your stuff. I love it all. I've watched your entire Game Overthinker series at least 4 times. and I actually LIKE bleeping in swear words (not because I'm a swearless prude, I just think a prolonged bleep sound is funnier to listen to then swearing, ie, canada's uncensored south park is much worse because of it)...

but seriously, softer tone, please. Everytime you swore it grated heavily on my nerves. Like, sticking a needle in the back of my spine nerves. If for whatever reason you needed to bleep out your swear words persists, please, make it a quieter tone.

Other then that, great show as always. I haven't read Twilight or seen the movies, apart from a few glances of my girlfriend's daughters watching it and hearing her read it to them, but I think I can agree with everything you said, including your written article. You're 100% right.

Keep it up man

PS. Again, Stop it with the harsh Bleep tone... tone it down just a bit and it would have been 10x more enjoyable.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
qazmatoz said:
The bleeping is terribly annoying.
I agree.

The thing you have to realize is that this is a romance book for teenage girls. Moviebob has now proven to us that he is not a teenagegirl(not that I thought that). And all tewenage girls are hotfor vampires, hence, ther large fanbase

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
VanityGirl said:
I saw it today. It was pretty bad.
The only good thing in the movie was the vampire fights and the werewolf fights.

So basically, I just liked seeing people get the crap beat out of them.
I think you would enjoy Fight Club if you haven't seen it yet.

OT: Glad to know I can sleep through it if I ever have to go see it in theaters. Was going to anyways, but the reinforcement is nice.

Threesan

Mar 4, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
I don't mind the censoring, but make the bleeps a little less sharp next time.
X[sup]th[/sup]d. That really needs to come down 10 +/- 5 db. Please, please, please. For the sake of our ears.

Perhaps the censoring was a one-time thing for the sake of the young'uns this particular movie would bring in. Appears to be PG-13.

MikeOfThunder

Jul 11, 2009
Trivun said:
slopeslider said:
New Moon sucks. Im suprised so many older teens and college girls go for this stuff.
I do and I'm a nineteen year old guy. I was planning to see it tonight except a friend (also a guy) who saw it last night said that although it was decent, the amount of screaming fangirls made it less enjoyable, so I may wait until an adult screening is done at the local cinema (i.e. 18 and over only). Have you actually seen it, or made an attempt to see it? If so then your opinion is fair and noted. If you haven't made an attempt to see it then what right do you have to criticise it?

And yes, I do like things like Dracula as well. I simply don't agree that Twilight 'ruined' vampires. Although for all the things I like about the series, I still don't like the 'sparkly' vampires idea.
You have just like... put my thoughts onto the screen! I haven't seen it yet but im presuming i'll like it!

Soeven001M

Nov 21, 2009
This is my first comment and I never made a profile till now but I watch a lot of stuff on The Escapist just for fun. But I had to make a profile and just comment here.

Movie Bob I agree with like all the crap you say like some I don't but over all I mean I totally agree. And oh oh oh oh oh THANK YOU this sooooooo made me laugh almost to tears since I sooo don't like this crap. And once more you actually did it fairly which just adds to how low quality this stuff is so THANK YOU MAN!!!!!

Just great stuff and figured one nice comment is nice over the rade of other pointless A$$ ones.

Glass_House

Jun 29, 2009
Both of the movies failed. Bad acting, check. Horrible storyline, check. Over obsessed fans that make me want to go on a killing spree, check.

letsnoobtehpwns

Dec 28, 2008
Bob, I cannot believe that you actually pushed yourself to see this bullshit. We all knew it was going to suck so, why did you even waste your time and breath?

Joey245

Jan 29, 2009
Twilight has taken my high school by storm. And I'm sick of it.

Why is it that girls won't give the time of day to any romance book that has at least interesting characters, or even one that makes you THINK, just because there are no vampires. C'mon, just putting Vampires in a c-grade romance story IS NOT innovation! It's just fanservice, for God's sake.

Is it because Edward Cullens is what girls think the "Perfect" boyfriend would be? Open your eyes, ladies, and look at the guys around you! Okay, so most of the guys you see are absolute tools who will think of you as a trophy and nothing more, but there's lots of other guys who are kind, compassionate, caring, self-sacrificing, and LOVING YOU WITH ALL THEIR HEART. And they have the added benefit of being HUMAN, and above all else, REAL! Not some fictional character with mood issues!

But don't think that I'm just a hate dispenser. Twilight has done ONE (und precisely von) thing good:

They've gotten teenage girls reading again. With more people reading, maybe we can avoid the society that Ray Bradbury predicted would happen in Farenheight 451 (look it up). It's just a shame it had to be such an atrocious concept to draw them in, but maybe those girls will look up other books that might interest them...when pigs fly, of course.

Sorry for the epic length post, I had to get this off my chest. Good review, as always, Mr. MovieBob.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
Someone on the Escapist once summarised the Twilight saga as "an eight year old girls wet dream". Read into that what you may, but I'd like to buy that man a beer.
Childish cliches in what is supposed to be a 'dark' setting, despite the fact the most dark figures in it sparkle in the god damn sun (yet not under lighting?) and while I haven't seen the film, the first book alone brought me -very- heavily to the side of the haters.
It's dreadful. It's... it's just dreadful.

feather240

Jul 16, 2009
Cliff_m85 said:
Trivun said:
slopeslider said:
New Moon sucks. Im suprised so many older teens and college girls go for this stuff.
I do and I'm a nineteen year old guy. I was planning to see it tonight except a friend (also a guy) who saw it last night said that although it was decent, the amount of screaming fangirls made it less enjoyable, so I may wait until an adult screening is done at the local cinema (i.e. 18 and over only). Have you actually seen it, or made an attempt to see it? If so then your opinion is fair and noted. If you haven't made an attempt to see it then what right do you have to criticise it?

And yes, I do like things like Dracula as well. I simply don't agree that Twilight 'ruined' vampires. Although for all the things I like about the series, I still don't like the 'sparkly' vampires idea.
Did you enjoy the last book where Edward 'makes love' to Bella so hard that he breaks bones? Or that she literally got pregnant from a being that has no blood flow so no erection is possible? Or that the author states that the baby has an extra chromosome that allows for the baby to be a hybrid vampire-human when really an extra chromosome = down syndrome? Or how about that Jacob will be 'tapping dat' baby when it's 6 years old because vampires age faster, yet lore absolutely states that they never age?
Wouldn't a half vampire age twice as slow?

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
feather240 said:
Cliff_m85 said:
Trivun said:
slopeslider said:

Did you enjoy the last book where Edward 'makes love' to Bella so hard that he breaks bones? Or that she literally got pregnant from a being that has no blood flow so no erection is possible? Or that the author states that the baby has an extra chromosome that allows for the baby to be a hybrid vampire-human when really an extra chromosome = down syndrome? Or how about that Jacob will be 'tapping dat' baby when it's 6 years old because vampires age faster, yet lore absolutely states that they never age?
Wouldn't a half vampire age twice as slow?
You're out of your element, Donnie. :p

I would think so, but you're trying to make sense out of a book filled with nothing but nonsense.

AndresCL

Feb 2, 2009
I was expecting New Moon to be a cliche crappy ass movie as it turned out to be.

Said that, good job Bob. Making it through two hours of that "movie" must been a pain in the a**