Escape to the Movies: No Strings Attached

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
No Strings Attached

This week, Bob gets his rom-com on with No Strings Attached.

Watch Video

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Well...yeah, I'm glad that I've already decided to see this next week.

And it's good to see Bob actually, you know, reviewing the movies again.

B Goy

Jan 5, 2010
Nice review Bob like the whole 'Liberal propaganda against our values.' sketch

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
After hearing you talk about it to begin with, I figured you thought it was terrible. But right at the end, it made a comeback. I'm surprised really. Good review though.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Well, I still haven't seen Black Swan...and that's still in theaters around here...soooooooooo. I'm still gonna see the other Natalie Portman movie.

And "Guess Who" was great.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
So much for all the hype calling this a "Norbit". I never really had a problem with Ashton either, he always seemed personable and unflummoxed by his fame, which scored him points in my book.

Might check this one out. I'll watch Natalie Portman in just about anything.

Ashoten

Aug 29, 2010
So is the new X-men movie gonna be a reboot or will it take place after 3, or maybe God forbid a prequel?

brazuca

Jun 11, 2008
And u are actually recomending a ROM film Bob, well 2012 is so close y not? We are all gonna die anyway!

Larmo

May 20, 2008
I remember Evolution it was sooooo much fun, I really should track that down again I last had it on VHS (man I'm old to).

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
I'm glad he didn't make any remarks about Portman being a hottie and flashing a sexy pic of her, because I am damned tired of the whiny forum goers who just focus on that as a complaint against Bob.

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
wasn't expecting this to be liked... though I've only heard about it in the context of it being compared to norbit.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
I would watch the hell out of "Ultraman vs. the King's Speech."

Or maybe, "The King's Speech to Ultraman?"

The only part of that movie that doesn't write itself is the title.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Finally, someone else who liked "Evolution". Most surprising part of the review was the bit where he didn't go on about how hot Portman is, but I'm glad he stuck to the subject matter. Good show Bob.

restoshammyman

Jan 5, 2009
just by seeing the movie poster i can tell the following.
a. its about FWB.
b. someone will try and make it more then that, the other will freak out and at some point they will end up back together.
c. i have no intention to watch it. its been done to death.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Thanks for the great return to form, Bob. A survey and commentary of the genre, followed by a review that tells us why the film works or doesn't work.

I don't envy you in the coming months though. I only see a handful of appealing titles between now and April.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
What's to like about 'Dude where's my car?'?

There have been plently of rom-com with 'kooky' (a word specifically created to describe badly written characters in rom-com) women, it's a trope...

Blayze2k

Dec 16, 2009
Glad to see that, while I can't expect Hollywood to approach this topic with openness and maturity, at least Moviebob can.