Escape to the Movies: Oscar Nominations

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Oscar Nominations

This week MovieBob takes a look at the recent Oscar nominations.

Watch Video

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
I really hope Jeff Bridges wins.

Why do I wish that? Look at my freaking avatar!

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Interesting on the Jeff Bridges for Best Lead Actor. I would have thought Morgan Freeman for Mandela was a shoe in, he did a good job at playing THE most influential political leader of the last generation. I'm also slightly peeved that Invictus didnt get more nominations.

D9 For best picture though. that would be amazing!

Herr Wozzeck

Oct 23, 2009
I was actually shocked that District 9 got nominated. But still, I was really happy for the nomination. I mean, hell, it's Blomkamp's first feature film and it got nominated for an Oscar! Thank you for cementing his career, guys! =D

And eh, if Bullock wins that Oscar, well, let's hope she's also going to win that Razzie that she picked up for All About Steve. She's up against Little Miss Blandface from Transformers, but still, at least Megan Fox didn't violently screw Gabourey Sidibe over like Bullock did throughout the awards circuit...

Good opinions overall. Thanks for your thoughts!

SamStar42

Oct 16, 2009
I have also not seen Avatar.

There's 4 major films I feel sorry for: namely Watchmen, Sherlock Holmes, Moon and Coraline. The first three for not getting any nominations for Best Picture/Actor/Supporting/Director (seriously, it's upsetting that Sam Rockwell, Robert Downey Jr, Duncan Jones, Jude Law, Jackie Earl Hayley and Zack Synder won't win anything) and Coraline for unfortunatly coming out in the same year as Up.

Oh yeah, and why didn't Brad Pitt get a nomination for Best Actor?

Donrad

Aug 21, 2008
watchmen got left out? wow.
kinda sucks, but there are a couple good heavy hitters there anyways, could be a good show!

YoUnG205

Ugh!...
Oct 13, 2009
I know that avatar is going to win best picture but I do not know why?
people think that it is so good but i thought it was average at best.
btw what is serious man I have not evne heard of it until now.

letsnoobtehpwns

Dec 28, 2008
I agree that The Blind Side was only up there because of the money it made but, I personally think that Avatar was shit. Avatar does not deserve an Oscar for anything that isn't related to the CG.

Artemus_Cain

May 20, 2009
"Sandra Bullok usese magical white people powers to turn Radio into Rudy."

I think If I use that at my theater job I'll get s-canned. No one can talk bad about this movie without reprecussions. It's like the Passion!

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
I didn't like much of the stuff that came out last year. I loved Inglorious Basterds, Public Enemies and District 9 but that was about it. Watchmen was ok but far from the hype.

SatansBestBuddy

Sep 7, 2007
I was expecting Bob to be half incoherent with rage over the snub Watchmen got, being ignored entirely for no real reason.

Kinda disappointed he wasn't...

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
I really hope Inglorious Basterds wins a few awards. I absolutly love that film and Christoph Waltz's performance.

letsnoobtehpwns said:
I agree that The Blind Side was only up there because of the money it made but, I personally think that Avatar was shit. Avatar does not deserve an Oscar for anything that isn't related to the CG.
I agree Avatar relies to heavily on CG, take it aways and you end up with a pretty average film. Everyone has been saying that though but in the end it does have CG and it was pretty fun to turn your brain off and watch.

GameGoddess101

Jun 11, 2009
I'm going to have to agree with Moviebob on the majority of the predictions.

PRECIOUS WAS NOT THAT GOOD!!!! Sorry, just had to say it. It really wasn't that good...

Oh and TRON 2!! WOOHOO!!!

timus666

Nov 19, 2008
don't really want it to happen but we all know Avatars gonna get the best picture, after it makes a billion dollars they kind of have no choice, its just a shame all the hype over shadows the others

UP! FTW!