Escape to the Movies: Paranormal Activity 2

Da Joz

May 19, 2009
I kinda figured the thrill would be diluted with a sequel. I am most likely not going to see this in a theater, but it's still getting thrown onto my netflix queue.

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
there was a blair witch project 2?! huh, i guess its existence was covered up pretty well.

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
the Dept of Science said:
Have there been any good horror movie sequels ever?

By the way, not a rhetorical question, I would actually like to know.
Saw II, apparently.
a better question would be, have there been any good movie sequels after # 2.

EDIT actually, besides saw II i can't think of any.

ldbmikey86

Feb 11, 2009
Ehh. I don't regret my decision in rushing out to go see it. It was just 'okay'.

But, I LOVED the scene in the kitchen where the wife's reading, and it's just building up tension, then BAM! every fucking cabinet n everything opens all at once. The whole audience jumped; it was great.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Please don't ever remind about Blair Witch 2...

Please.

And don't ever stop being such a Nintendo fanboy.

Shhh shhh there there we all know it never existed....ever

Btw He kinda summed up my feelings toward this movie. The moment I saw Paranormal Activity 2 the only thing you here come from me is just a huge exasperated sigh of "UGH, another horror sequel".

Jorias

Dec 10, 2008
yeah i gotta agree with Movie Bob on this one, Gimmick horrors are lame to be wasting money on a second time.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
HankMan said:
Never cared for horror movies really.
MovieBob said:
Never Forget 9-18-85
Um I didn't even know about 9-18-85.
EDIT: I do now, even though it's actually 10-18-85.
Wait isn't that the date Re-animator came out? One of my favorite stories by H.P.Lovecraft?!

:D

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
I have a hard time comparing saw to paranormal activity, paranormal activity is suppose to be scary and saw is suppose to be gross. And both was damn good in what they was suppose to do.

Skullpanda

Jun 12, 2009
There was a Blair Witch Project 2? Why haven't I already heard of this?

The first one was hilarious...maybe if I watch the second one I'll laugh harder. Or lose all faith in humanity once again.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Oh great, Katie AND Mikah are back!? Those two tools completely ruined the first movie. Mikah especially was such an over exaggerated version of the "I'M SUPPOSED TO BE UNLIKEABLE UNTIL THE LAST HALF HOUR OF THE MOVIE!" character.

My reaction to the ending: "Oh, those two asshats are dead? Well, it's about damn time!"

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I'm actually not surprised at Bob's review, at all, see, he's got a point, almost every single horror movie sequel is just a crappy rehash of the first one. I made that mistake quite a few times, when I saw The Ring 2 and a couple of others (trying not to mention certain other movie about a witch in... Blair...), I gave up on horror sequels already. That's why I'm on very low expectations on the upcoming The Thing movie.

Although there are a few couple of exceptions, 98% of the time is true, sequels in horror movies, equals BAD.

Nice review btw and kudos for the NES shout out at the end, fellow Nintendo lover.

wildcard9

Aug 31, 2008
You know, over the weeks, watching certain events go down (Arizona, etc.), I've figured it out that we Mexicans have become the new "it" minority...right next to Muslims, of course.

But seeing both Devil and Paranormal Activity 2 use the same damn stereotype that all Latinos are innately spiritual and religious, I've figured it out now.

We Mexicans (and by extension Latinos) are being used as the new "Magical Negro" stereotype: It's now the "Magical Latino/Beaner" stereotype.

I fucking hate Hollywood....

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
RedRussian said:
I was hoping this one would be scarier then the last. I was kinda disappointed by the first one.
Same, I watch the first one at about 1am and was all ready to not be able to sleep afterwards and the only bit that made me jump was the last 5 seconds. Really disappointed.

TJF588

Jan 29, 2009
And I must link drop something.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18720_7-famous-movie-flaws-that-were-explained-in-deleted-scenes_p2.html

There, it is done. Hopefully I'll get to reading this thread at some point, but for now, I was supposed to be asleep an hour ago. (Durn night shifts.)