Escape to the Movies: Public Enemies

CrysisMcGee

Sep 2, 2009
Although the movie is good, nothing annoys me more than that fucking "Documentary look" Or Docudrama as they call it. It's not the directing, its that damn "Documentary look" they give to certain shots. makes it look like it was shot with a field news camera than a 600,000 dollar professional one. To me it looks unprofessional.

I'm paying to see a movie, not a documentary. 2012 pulled this shit in 1 shot as well.

The movie itself is good, although I got bored with it somewhat.

Tom13ombadil

Jan 14, 2010
I watched this a couple of hours ago. Dont plan on watching it unless you plan on really getting into the story and watching all the way through. Otherwise, you lose track of characters and it's really a boring movie.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
I only just watched the DVD of this today (after all this time). It was a good film, with great gun battles and some stellar performances from all around. My only qualm with it, and this seems is an issue I have with many bio-pics, is that it is too damn long. None of the scenes felt extranious, but there was too many of them.

I think the issue with bio-pics is that a person's life does not necessarily lend itself to an obvious, conventional three act structure. Dillinger robs banks. He escapes jails. His mates get shot. He dies. I think the movie could have better been told in a non-linear fashion. That way you can forge the story into fitting a story arc better.

gonephishing

Jun 7, 2010
I'm confused, did we see the same movie or did you not notice that this movie sucked ass? All it was was succession of mindless action scenes. It was not an intelligent plot, you're obviously just positively biased by liking the directors previous movies.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
weird thing, when I finally got around to watching this I saw it, The Untouchables, AND L.A. Confidential within three days of each other. And I must agree that Confidential is by far the best of all three

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
weird thing, I saw this, L.A. Confidential, AND The Untouchables within three days of each other. And I must agree that Confidential was by far the best of them and that Enemies is better than Untouchables. I really wanna see what Mann is going to do next as this film had a severe attention to detail, including portraying exactly how Dillinger died.