Escape to the Movies: Raven

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
I was going to say thank you Bob for reviewing this movie, but John Cusack not a good over-the-top actor? Sooo his characters in A Sure Thing or Gross Pointe Blank weren't OtT? I mean, wild and wacky he ain't, but he regularly pulls off weird/intense/unreal.

I think I will still see this, especially because I never have seen the Saw movies, so that little bit he threw in doesn't affect me, and I really like John Cusack.

Also, his Picard is worse.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
So these past couple reviews have really seemed like tired and bored Bob is doing the reviews. I'm guessing that's just for emphasis, but I'm also thinking it's on purpose so next week when Bob is going to be super excited, it well sound if even more super excited. Yeah? Yeah.

Jman1236

Jul 29, 2008
:pulls out Debit Card: Nintendo just take my money and give me New Super Mario bros 2 along english versions of Project X zone and Monster Hunter 3G now!

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
you have a better 'Kirk' then 'Picard'

can't say i was interested in the Raven to begin with.

and -.- ugh, another Mario game ..... not that i dislike the franchise but really? Nintendo still has to make up for Other M for being shit. do that first damn it!!!! >.<

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
That was supposed to be Picard?

I also think we're past the TOS "future" by about forty decades. Next time we hit one of those Roaring 20's style upswings we'll probably see it again, yay cyclical history!

Jikuu

Mar 3, 2010
It's hard to have a bad Kirk when it's bad to begin with. I felt like TNG was a good warning against doing Kirk stuff. Who wants to catch galactic gonorrhea?

OrpheusTelos

Mar 24, 2012
Sorry, I have always preferred TNG over TOS. Don't really know why, I just always liked its focus on broader issues. Great characters in both series, of course.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Lunar Templar said:
you have a better 'Kirk' then 'Picard'

can't say i was interested in the Raven to begin with.

and -.- ugh, another Mario game ..... not that i dislike the franchise but really? Nintendo still has to make up for Other M for being shit. do that first damn it!!!! >.<
Well Miyamoto wants to do a 3D remake of LttP so in my eyes thats more than redemption.

But I'd like to see a 3DS remake of Super Metroid with more areas and bosses.

Dukeoftacos

Sep 1, 2010
Your birthday calender is on the wrong month. They are on the 27th, just the 27th of September. Thanks for steering me clear of a dud, I'm gonna go watch High Fidelity again.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Sorry Bob, your Picard sucked more.
And also sorry that this movie was painfully uninteresting, but I'm going to guess that next week's movie will MORE than make up for that.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
I think we're pretty much going to generally say your Picard sucks more.

If we're headed towards that Star Trek future, can we go ahead and skip past our pretty damn obvious slide into Cyberpunk first?

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
Anyone else picked up on a 'relaxed voice' with MovieBob in this vid? It's not quite "I'm tired of life" but it was an impressive way to give the review a Picard-esque tone of displeasure.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
RaikuFA said:
Was REALLY hoping this wouldn't suck.

Also: My money too...
Me too, I so didn't want to suck. I could handle a little sillyness but I can't deal with full on suck like that.

What the hell was that last picture of the guy in armor during the credits supposed to be anyways and why is part of a stargate in that picture? D: