Escape to the Movies: Raven

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
I don't get it, what exactly makes you say we are in the TNG section of the future? That seems pretty random.

Jeyl

Aug 10, 2010
No. I wouldn't say your Kirk or Picard impressions suck. It's your overall interpretation of Star trek that sucks. Get laid with green alien ladies? Here's the big picture Bob. Nobody ever slept with the green alien girl in the original Star Trek series. In fact, that Orion girl you used to convey that fact was an Orion named Marta, and she actually tried to seducing Kirk in the episode "Whom Gods Destroy" and failed. Even Elaan, the young alien lady who actually inflicts a natural love potion on Kirk fails to win him over. Not every good looking alien girl in the Original series meant that everyone got laid.

And as for the Next Generation era? It may have been more diplomatic, but it did give Star Trek it's own 9/11 in the form of Wolf 359 with the arrival of the Borg. That battle changed many fundamental aspects of the Federation to the point where it became more militaristic and even condoned willful acts of genocide towards an entire species. And let's not forget that the TNG era gave us Deep Space Nine, a series that took place during the same time as TNG and gave us the series long Dominion War. A War that the Federation came very close to losing.

So thank you Bob for helping Star Trek remain trapped in an era where only the men run the show and the women are nothing more than objectified eye candy. Or do you honestly believe that Uhura's role in JJ's film was crucial enough that everything would have been undone if it wasn't her that listened to nothing?

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
Hey, you know that "shut up and take my money" thing? It's gone full circle, no, maybe a spiral of shittiness, but either way... It's not funny anymore (if indeed it ever was) and it makes us all look like gullible consumerist children. All you have to do is slap that on literally any announcement and you somehow spin it into a good thing. Meanwhile, all the nerds are solemnly nodding to the reference. If it turns out that what you bought wasn't worth it, there are enough other memes to make up the difference in negativity and make everyone forget you misused that meme in the first place.

Futurama is funny, I get that. Even if you're not referencing Futurama or indeed anything, no force on earth should make you want to give up your money like that. Money is blood, sweat and tears, as well as power. You're going to toss it away for... what?

vortexgods

Apr 24, 2008
Wait... has no one heard of "The Black Cat" with Jeffrey Combs...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzA2NHwYtWA

Oh well, it wasn't a real movie just a Masters of Horror, still...

MDSnowman

Apr 8, 2004
vortexgods said:
Wait... has no one heard of "The Black Cat" with Jeffrey Combs...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzA2NHwYtWA

Oh well, it wasn't a real movie just a Masters of Horror, still...
Without even thinking I watched that today on Netflix...

That was bad, really bad. Unintentionally hilarious in how his wife could never seem to stay dead though.

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
I wonder how many Anti-nintendo fanboys are going to rage about bob being excited from NSMB2.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Given how this video brings up both Star Trek and Edgar Allan Poe, I give you this:

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Your Picard is terrible. Truly. Your Kirk is bearable, but your Picard just hurts, man. Please don't do it again.

And I'm already contractually bound to exchange any souls I acquire for new Nintendo titles. Looks like I'll need a new nihilist patsy to rob to finance my next purchase.

Tarquin10

May 2, 2011
Is it at least pretty? I've enjoyed plenty of period pieces that were total crap just because they were fun to look at and relatively historically accurate.

Evil Alpaca

May 22, 2010
An author working with police to track a killer using his work for inspiration for murders!

Where have I seen that...

Back to the more important topic of the video, The Picard accent was worse but that's okay. No one can mimic Picard's voice.