Escape to the Movies: Red

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
grrr cant wait to see R.E.D. now :p had totally forgotten about it, but thanks moviebob :D cant wait ^^ "Ninja's.. Damn" xD

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Did John Malcovich just shoot an RPG out of mid-air?

SOLD.

Helen Mirren doesn't hurt, either. Hell, the entire list of stars doesn't hurt. Great actors, action, AND comedy. I haven't seen a really good action comedy since...Rush Hour 2.

Maybe I'll go with my Dad. Father-Son bonding and stuff.

SoulChaserJ

Sep 21, 2009
Ok, anyone can say what they want about RED. Looks like a good movie and I want to see it. The real topic of conversation just like when he first (re)appeared in Pirates of the Carribean, is Geoffrey Rush in a ninja movie. Is he now the defacto grisled (insert genre film style here) actor? Does he make an appearance in the new TRON as an antivirus program? Thanks for the review Bob and thank you geoff for making these B movies slightly B'er.

Furrama

Jul 24, 2008
Ninjas... dang.

Did I dood it right?

Looks pretty good, hope that you do a full review on it sometime.

MaraJade03

Jan 14, 2010
Ninjas, Damn. That's funny. I am very looking forward to RED and even more so now that MovieBob gave it a good review. And now have to keep my eye open for a Warriors Way. Also Nathan Filton as Nathan Drake would be all kinds of wonderful.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Yep... MovieBob just introduced us to the new meme. DAMN YOU!

And yeah, Red looks good. I want to go see it.

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
The quote you pull out at the end as the definative of 2010, I'm not sold on. Movie looks good, but that quote was rather meh.

Red looks pretty good, that scene of him getting out of the spinning car is astounding.

Additionally, there's another JD movie coming??

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Hmm, I'm intrigued!

Bruce Willis and Morgan Freeman? In an action comedy?

Why, yes, I think I do want to see that one.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
damn, so many things to cover.

First: Kudos- much more the informational critique than the thinly-veiled editorials you've been indulging yourself in recently.

Second: nice little homage to Kill Bill in there.

Third: Damn, I forgot how hot a heavily-armed Angelina Jolie is. I think I'll have to indulge in a Mr. and Mrs. Smith/Wanted double feature in the near future.

Fourth: Love the Fighting Hellfish episode of the Simpsons, so you got me seeing Red (hahaha, C whut I...) right there.

Fifth: I hadn't heard about 'The Warrior's Way', but I'm tracking it now.

Sixth: I wouldn't blow off an 'Uncharted' movie just off the cuff: it could be the next Indiana Jones, if they handle it right-- and for God's sake, was there any doubt Fillion would be the lead??? Drake LOOKS like Fillion and is named NATHAN. Duh!

Seventh: Judge Dredd was actually the biggest abomination of Stallone's career (yes, even more than "Stop or My Mother Will Shoot!". I can't believe MI6 hasn't sent a hitsquad to kill him for crimes against the Empire.

And Bob, a personal request if you should happen to read this forum:
review this [http://www.ultramarinesthemovie.com/], PLEASE! It has Terrence Stamp and John Hurt in it! It might be awesome!

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
Red looks like it could be good, but with all the games coming out I don't know if I'll see it in theatres.

good call on the "Ninjas. Damn."

ironlordthemad

Sep 25, 2009
You had to go and mention the expendables didn't you.
See Bob, heres the thing, if you don't wan't to keep annoying us and getting flame for the expendables review... simply don't mention it.

Anyway im tempted to go see RED simply so I have something to talk about at work next week, it looks good.