Escape to the Movies: Resident Evil: Afterlife

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Resident Evil: Afterlife

This week ResidentBob gets three dimensional with Resident Evil: Afterlife.

Watch Video

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Meh, I don't care how many people say it is bad, I like them and still planning on going to see it tonight... at least he said it isn't worse than the others, so probably still good in my eyes.

GoGo_Boy

May 12, 2010
From what I've seen this looks even worse than the prequels which of course his only hardly achievable. And as Movie Bob has this "tits + 0815 action" equals decent quality syndrome I rather trust my own impressions and never watch it 'til it randomly appears on TV :f

t_rexaur

Feb 14, 2008
So the real question: Does Wesker utter the immortal line "Complete Global Saturation"?

Apart from that... eh, could be watchable I guess. I've not seen extinction though so I should probably watch that first.

Maybe.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
You should do the RE games' title screens!

RESIDENT EVIL: CHECK OUT MY RIDICULOUSLY HOT WIFE had me laughing. The voice alteration was PERFECT to match the title screen voices.

And I like Other M, too. But the Prime Trilogy was WAAAAAAAAAY better.

Razvex

Wtb>Good title
Apr 4, 2010
diddykonger said:
$50 that the character reveal is Leon
Too predictable. He did say surprising :p

Although stranger things have happened..

OT: At first after the first movie was released, I initially was disappointed at the straying away of the core of the games, but I found myself enjoying the movies anyway - So hopefully this one is just as enjoyable.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I dont know about this, it seemed in the trailers like it was some sort of Matrix/Blade/Equilibrium rip off. Though after suffering through my housemates "movie night" which consisted of the first 3 RE movies, I dont think I can bring myself to sit through another brain hemorrhage. This is out

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
ghii3 said:
FIRST!!!!
BANNED!!!

OT: I actually like the Resident Evil movies not the best movies out there but i think they are enjoyable to watch. I wasn't too keen on this one though cause it looks like it's turning into The Matrix with zombies but i'm still going to check it out.

Bet the character reveal is Leon so far he's the only one from the games that hasn't been in them yet.. i think.. can't think of anyone else.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
Huh...guess I'm the only one that enjoyed #1 more than #2.

Not eager to see this, but I've got a lot of hours between classes about to hit me so might be worth a watch if I can avoid paying double price for 3D.

No, I'm not against 3D per se, I'd just rather be able to buy lunch and see a movie than just see a movie.

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
Getting better? I wouldn't say that. Extinction was painful to watch. Number 1 ftw.

Also, I have to say Alice is one of the worst characters written for anything ever.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
MovieBob said:
Resident Evil: Afterlife

This week ResidentBob gets three dimensional with Resident Evil: Afterlife.

Watch Video
ok bob love the reveiws keep them comeing but on a side note never do game reveiws please leave that to yahtzee other M was just bad....:(

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
diddykonger said:
$50 that the character reveal is Leon
I'm thinking the same thing, although I'm also thinking it might be someone else.

Like Jack Krauser or Steve Burnside from Code Veronica. But yeah, Leon does seem to be the most likely to appear. Then again it could be a girl, Ada or Rebecca anyone?

As for the movie in general, I don't think it looks to great but I might go and see it simply as a time waster.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
Considering I'm from an hour outside Toronto, RE2 had a special pleasure for me. We grew up close enough to T. to see them act like they're the center of Canada, so when we got to see the whole city blown the hell up at the end, with the epicenter as Town Hall the theatre went up with riotous cheers. I still grin a little when thinking of it.