But escape an' fin'lly makin' it
Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
Golly, what a day
Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
Golly, what a day
hahaha! Nice.

Samcanuck

Nov 26, 2009
Hehe...nice add at the end. I was thinking that very thing and contemplating a joke.
(not sure if people realise what a fluffer is...but...just as well)

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Wow, the original idea they had for "Nottingham" sounds awesome.

Sounds like executive meddling at its worst. What a disappointment.

Nice work this week, Bob. Did you get a new microphone? Your voice sounds a lot more crisp and clear.

MaraJade03

Jan 14, 2010
Had a feeling this was going to be a dull Robin Hood movie. Rather watch Prince of Thieves again... or Men in Tights. Thanks for confirming for me MovieBob.
And Yay finally mentioned HTTYD! Of course it great for a Dreamworks movie, Ex-Disney Lilo and Stitch creators and directors did it. Oh wait you said it was okay for Dreamworks....Meh I'll take it.
BTW you guys in Northeast US have weird sandwiches o_O.... want to try one now.

hungoverbear

Mar 8, 2008
Called it, i knew this wasn't going to be any were near as good as Kevin Costner's Robin Hood, which is an absolute classic from my childhood.

ok when movieBob said fluffer nutter I thought he was talking about something completely different...

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
I know what a fluffernutter is, but it still sounds dirty.

Anyways, I figured that Robin Hood would be crap simply due to the "Untold Story" tagline they keep throwing out. Of course it's untold you idiots, you just made it up! Nah, Crow is too old, the story looked too uninteresting, and this reviews seals the deal. Not worth even a rental.

Kingdom of Heaven was cool though.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I was intriqued by the idea of a movie with the Sherif of Nottingham as the good guy but I was put off when this idea was dropped, I've never really had much interest in this movie because now that the only interesting aspect of it is gone I don't see what I'll get from this that I haven't already gotten from the various versions of the Robin Hood story already made.

Mr_Vorhias

Feb 27, 2008
Dok Zombie said:
I've never heard of a fluffer nutter before, but a marshmallow and peanut butter sandwich sounds disgusting.
I thought the same thing when I first heard of it. It's actually quite tasty.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
MY personal favorite version of Robin Hood was that one:

ROBIN HOOD: PRINCE OF THIEVES with Kevin Costner Alan Rickman and Morgan Freeman!

watch it full here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgzjzJoy5rQ

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Now I have to go buy me some marshmallow paste and try one of those.

Also I find it sad when movie makers throw out interesting ideas because it's to "different" from what is main stream, and thus a risk financially. I'm not sure if that's what happened here, but it sounds like it.

Rockdrake

Aug 27, 2008
I've seen Kingdom of Heavens Directors cut five times and it's still one of my favorite movies next to Gladiator and Troy.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
*runs off to find the Director's Cut of "Kingdom of Heaven"*

Seriously though, I wasn't exactly feeling the hype for this movie. I mean, I grew up in the Kevin Costner and "Men in Tights" era, so I was mostly groaning and thinking "can't they think of anything *new*?" The Robin Hood story's been done to death, and I was actually surprised to find out in this video that they actually did try to do something new. Too bad it doesn't seem to be worthwhile...

Oh, and what's a fluffer nutter? =D

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
the british accent is sexy, id know, i am one!
but i knew this would happen, theyve have about 12 robin hoods, all of which have battles, as opposed to guirella warfare. in fact, why do the fight the government? they rob the ich and give to the poor, the governmentchases them, why do they want to overthrow the government
why not a modern day version, where sherwood forest is a run down estate after militant rule becomes enforced? the "merry" men run here after ambushing guys that have riot shields and batons, and disappear amid the ruined buildings?
the lead politician involved? John King. the chief of police? Rick Nottingham
this actually sounds quite good, im going to write this down...

Psychophilia

May 2, 2010
The ONLY good Robin Hood movie, excluding the parts of Prince of Thieves with Alan Rickman in, is Men in Tights.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Psychophilia said:
The ONLY good Robin Hood movie, excluding the parts of Prince of Thieves with Alan Rickman in, is Men in Tights.
it was hilarious indeed...

there's an old french serie called THIERRY LA FRONDE which is somekind of RobinHood fighting against British occupants of northern regions of France:

here's a trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARUnuQhG_p0

and there's the full music theme that went in all episodes...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsHdEvpgrko

made in the 60's with all the groovy instruments...

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
Spot on, no body even cares Robin Hood came out. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Wait a moment...the last couple of seconds lost me...Is Fluffernutter some sort of sexual euphemism?

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
I said to go watch how to train you're dragon. But Noooooo. You went off and watched this instead and ended up not enjoying it. If the whole world listened to me, the world would be a better place.

Seriin

Jun 4, 2009
Psychophilia said:
While I love Men In Tights, the disney animated Robin Hood where they are animals was really good as well.