Escape to the Movies: Robin Hood

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I still think, and always will think Men in Tights is the best one

Tolerant Fanboy

Aug 5, 2009
Hmm. Between Robin Hood and Dante, what's with turning people into veterans of the Crusades lately? Who's next, Gutenberg?

Also, you know what's even better than a fluffernutter? Peanut butter and Nutella. It's like the ambrosia of the gods. The nut gods.

Turkey Braveheart

Apr 15, 2010
Damn it! I love medieval and ancient action movies and I was hoping for another Gladiator here.

As for the Kingdom of Heaven comment, I can't imagine the Director's cut is much better. My biggest problem with that movie was Orlando Bloom and his character. I was impressed that they kept close to history in some ways to the story of Balian of Ibelin, namely that he kept Saladin from enslaving or killing the inhabitants of Jereuselem, but otherwise he felt generic. Besides that, Bloom just can't carry the brooding warrior main character role.

The sad part is I loved every other character in that movie, probably because they were all played by excellent character actors (Neeson, Norton, Irons, Thewlis, Mckidd) who sadly died or left after five minutes on screen.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I agree completely that the full cut of Kingdom of Heaven is far superior to the cinema release, a lot more gets explained and it feels far more rounded. As for Robin, I'll still go an and see it, Sir Ridley is still one of my favourite directors and Crowe will beat me up if I dont go and see it.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
RestamSalucard said:
EDIT:
Sturmdolch said:
But yeah, it is misleading. When I first saw the trailers for this I was thinking, what the hell... What happened to:
He seperated into two distinct entities, one went to Hyrule to fight Ganondorf, the other went into space and fought a giant monkey head.
Brilliant :)

And from what I've heard Robin Hood has been getting pretty good reviews, is it really that uninteresting?

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
I LOVE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN!!!!

haha. Actually, that's the first thing I thought when I first saw the trailer("why don't I just push back in Kingdom of Heaven and save $12?") but the movie grew on me. I will definitely rent it, see if it's any good then, tehn perhaps go and buy it(trying to buy every movie with a medieval or ancient style battle in it)

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
I watched Kingdon of Heaven and I enjoyed it.

I think I should buy the Directors cut becuase I heard it was a hella-awesome, but I'm already spending money by the bucket load.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Bah, now I am hungry fir a meetball sub. Maybe I will get one and then go grab ma ticket for Mr Downey's latest flick.

mykalwane

Oct 18, 2008
How is a fluffernutter sandwich sound dirty? I need some explanation here, cause I thought fluffernutter was the name of the marshmallow spread. My mind was blown that it is the combination of peanut butter and marshmallow spread along, but that it could be dirty. That is real confusing.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
So another subpar cash-in kinda figured, but thanks for the heads up Bob. Would rather watch costner and freemen version for free.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
My mind wasn't even in the gutter until you brought that little thing at the end. And yeah, maybe I will check out the directors cut of kingdom of Heaven.

Sheaphard117

Nov 5, 2009
Two questions

1) What is a Fluffernutter?

2) Will you send me one in the mail?

I got a few Pizza Rolls left, they're down in my basement, right next to the bear trap. Don't worry about it, that's just their for little kids and midgets.

You can snag both their legs at once if you lucky...

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
"That sounds pretty interesting right?" (about the "revisioned" story)

HELL NO!

I can claim by no means that I've grown up with Robin Hood's story, but it sounds like a bland and uninspired idea to me.

Maybe I'll go see Iron Man 2 after all. Do I need to have seen Iron Man 1 for that? I only know the basic premise(some superhero that does superheroic stuff lives thanks to a battery instead of a heart, or something like that)