Escape to the Movies: Robin Hood

Sherlock/

Nov 16, 2009
Aha, now I understand why the radio commercials say "Robin Hood, a story that has never been told before"

seriously though, kind of sad if you think about how good it -could- have been...

Dec 14, 2009
Yeah, I think everybody is pretty much saying the same thing. It's a shame, because I really like the whole Robin Hood thing. Also, I read earlier that Russel Crowe raged at a radio host because he (the host) thought that Crowe's 'English' accent sounded slightly Irish. Angry colonials are always fun.
Also, MovieBob's English accent made my face melt. Thanks for that...

atomicmrpelly

Apr 23, 2009
For what it's worth, I'm glad you reviewed this and I had been waiting for it to come out: Large portions of it were filmed near where I lived so I heard a lot about it and was interested in seeing the final result. But now I know to save my money and maybe buy the DVD when that's released!

Thanks Movie Bob!

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
excellent

i was asked by someone to go today and see it
but i say screw you also it's my birthday today and i shall do what i want

maybe a fluffernutter

Artemus_Cain

May 20, 2009
Huhuhuh... fluffernutter. That's just fun to say.

Yeah, I kinda figured this movie would suck. Glad I don't have to spend money on movies!

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Hm. About what I expected/feared -- sort of a generic "Gladiator... but only 12 or so centuries later"; I figured the studio execs weren't going to be able to resist the allure of telling Scott and Crowe 'hey, that Gladiator thing really worked; why don't you do that again?'

Nice to know that I can skip it, even if I really really like Cate Blanchett.

Oh, and in re: HtTYD, I thought it was an amusing, lighthearted movie. Don't go into it expecting the Incredibles or whatnot, and you'll enjoy it. Sometimes, you just like brainless fun... wait, I guess that means I should get off my butt and finally see Iron Man 2... I've been waiting for the crowds to die down.

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
I've always been good at forgetting about what I'm "supposed to think" so I may still just give this a shot. Also, I've been wanting to see Kingdom of Heaven for a while but never gotten around to it. Better late than never. ---> Amazon.

Moloboen

Oct 28, 2009
Aww man i was eveng going to see this today. I was all hyped up but this ain't Robin Hood:(

Dok Zombie

Apr 24, 2008
I've never heard of a fluffer nutter before, but a marshmallow and peanut butter sandwich sounds disgusting.

As for Robin Hood, I really wasn't expecting great things, but I'll probably stick it on my Lovefilm list when the DVD is out.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
I kind of knew it was going to be a prequel because there was a giant article about it in my newspaper yesterday morning which I read. Got me pretty excited for the movie. They're planning on making it sort of a trilogy.

Apparently they were working on it and wound up with enough movie to be 7 hours long. They could either compress it or make a few movies out of it. They decided to make a few. This is supposed to be how Robin Hood became Robin Hood.

But yeah, it is misleading. When I first saw the trailers for this I was thinking, what the hell... What happened to:

But now that I know it's supposed to be a prequel, I think it looks alright. I still want to see it. Maybe I'll do as you say and wait for the director's cut and go watch Prince of Persia instead.

Good review, by the way. Made me laugh a few times as well. And I love the fluffernutter part. I saw Marshmallow Creme when I worked at a grocery store a few years ago and it intrigued me so much that I googled it and found the mystical fluffernutter... I have yet to try one.

Robin Hood and Little John
Walkin' through the forest
Laughin' back and forth
At what the other'ne has to say
Reminiscin', This-'n'-thattin'
Havin' such a good time
Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
Golly, what a day
Never ever thinkin' there was danger in the water
They were drinkin', they just guzzled it down
Never dreamin' that a schemin' sherrif and his posse
Was a-watchin' them an' gatherin' around
Runnin' through the forest
Jumpin' fences, dodgin' trees
An' tryin' to get away
Contemplatin' nothin'
But escape an' fin'lly makin' it
Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
Golly, what a day
Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
Golly, what a day

RestamSalucard

Feb 26, 2010
Fluffernutter, what is that? A marshmallow and peanut butter sandwich? All the picture told me is that it's a gooey white substance on a yellowy brown slightly less gooey substance between two pieces of bread. And having just said that, I must now go throw up at what my horrible imagination has concocted. Apologies to all who read this.

EDIT:
Sturmdolch said:
But yeah, it is misleading. When I first saw the trailers for this I was thinking, what the hell... What happened to:
He seperated into two distinct entities, one went to Hyrule to fight Ganondorf, the other went into space and fought a giant monkey head.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
That is one VILE looking sandwich.

I've seen the Director's Cut of Kingdom of Heaven, and you're absolutely right. I can't believe my friends were patient enough with the movie to actually buy the theatrical cut dvd and its superior director's cut.

Perhaps Scott should stop letting studios ruin his movies like that.

That said, there are women going to see Robin Hood tonight, and I intend on visiting the royal vaults, so I'm going! :p lol

I'll pretend I'm going to a movie called Longstride instead, maybe that might help my enjoyment of it.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Also, MovieBob's English accent made my face melt. Thanks for that...
Hahaha come on it wasn't that bad. I've heard much, much worse -Cough- Dick Van Dick -Cough-.

I was sort of looking forward to this movie though I understand how the studio often does a good job at fucking over Scott. I'll wait for DVD, I still need to get a copy of Kingdom of Heaven... I just never have the money.

Sturmdolch said:
Walkin' through the forest
Laughin' back and forth
At what the other'ne has to say
Reminiscin', This-'n'-thattin'
Havin' such a good time
Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
Golly, what a day
Never ever thinkin' there was danger in the water
They were drinkin', they just guzzled it down
Never dreamin' that a schemin' sherrif and his posse
Was a-watchin' them an' gatherin' around
Runnin' through the forest
Jumpin' fences, dodgin' trees
An' tryin' to get away
Contemplatin' nothin'
But escape an' fin'lly makin' it
Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
Golly, what a day
Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
Golly, what a day
Awesome points go to Sturmdolch

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
My friends want to go see it so I will probably go see it. Although now I am not as interested in seeing it as I was before watching this...