Escape to the Movies: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
I just saw it and Bob was right, this movie was completely originally and brilliant. Although it did drag on slightly towards the end and this doesn't excuse the treatment of The Expendables and fans of Sly, Schwarzenegger, Statham, and so on.

neuromantic

May 4, 2009
When he asked if the image meant anything to us, well... it didnt mean anything to me at all.
Does this mean I should see it or shouldnt, or does it not really matter?

DiscoAtThePanic

Sep 3, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa_ECS9Jvgk&feature=player_embedded

LOL For the secret of Michael Cera's... mediocrity.

Spider Expert

Mar 6, 2009
Seeing this movie fall flat at the box office really disappointed me. It's such a great film, not just cause of the video game references but simply because of its unique charm.

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
Great movie, great review!

And wrt the last line: yes, it's nice to see a movie actually set in Canada for a change!

sdgilbert

Sep 29, 2009
Bob, question,
Why do you continually pander to the idea that all teenage girls seem to have to have a bisexual experience or their left behind in the wake of society. I just graduated High School a year ago and I only heard of like two young women who ever expressed any interest in bisexuality.
So why on earth do continually bring this up like it's a major idea, I've watch all your game over-thinker episodes so I have heard this before from you.
My not bashing your ideas or anything Bob but this has been bothering for awhile.

Big fan,
Mason

GvidaZ

Dec 12, 2009
eh...in my country the movie is premiering tomorwo :/
WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!!

SoDaRa

Jan 7, 2009
I have to admit I wouldn't have seen this movie without this review. Now it is my favorite movie of all time and I can't get enough of the series. So thank you Bob, for without this, I wouldn't have found something I love.

Deh Zebra

Oct 29, 2010
Seeing a timeless tale inside a currently modern outlook of the teenaged male is a refreshing twist to what many of us are used to seeing. Man, what a great film!

Slowking

Feb 27, 2011
I'll probably get thrown out of nerddom for this, but I did not like the movie. Going in I was sure I would, but I found myself greatly disappointed and really bored.
I loved the first half hour with the character interactions. But then the 7 evil exes started showing up and I had to sit through one bland fight after another. I would have loved to spend some more time with these character, but no we had to fight 7 enemies instead.
This was just way to much for a movie. I know fans of the comics would have gone beserk, but they probably should have reduced them to like 4 evil exes.
The last fight actually got really good, but at that point it was too little, too late for me.