Escape to the Movies: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

This week its MovieBob vs. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.

Watch Video

Aenir

Mar 26, 2009
Huh, I'm intrigued.

A movie where the main character has to face 7 bosses?

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
YES I AGREE!
it is nice that Canada is being Canada and not the US like in Juno
also I SAW THEM SHOTTING PARTS OF IT!
so obviously you had not problem that Michael Cera was playing Scott because many people were saying that was a wrong move.

Necromancer1991

Apr 9, 2010
So it's good, I may go see it then. For the most part I don't mind Cera, his career's a bit too ..... Sterile, for my taste though

omegawyrm

Nov 23, 2009
Looking forward to going to see this later, though I'm curious how they've changed the conclusion from the comic. Does that mean that Gideon's Utena-Castle-Style stasis chandelier is gone? Because that was one of my favorite touches. Knives looks a bit older than I pictured too...

Orwellian37

Dec 22, 2009
I was one of those who saw the midnight premiere with friends, and unfortunately I was one of those disappointed ones. However, you hit the mark with your review.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Boss battels eh? Is there a Gitaur Hero esc battle? Because that wouldbe expected as hes in a band.
And your a hacker if you got 9999999 points and 99 lives.
Good review as always, I was kind of hoping for the expendables but all well.

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
I AM interested, but I don't like Micheal Cera as an actor I feel most things he's in fall flat. Except Arrested Development of course.

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
This movie is gonna rock! Cera is supposed to hit Scott Pilgrim pretty well on the head as far as character performance.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Less than 9 hours before I see it, and now I'm even more stoked!

And I'm always happy to see my country play itself, and really hoping the four-story catfight in the Toronto Reference Library's atrium was preserved.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
It is nice to see Canada playing Canada...

But this movie still looks unbelievably terrible. You said yourself that he's a couple PBRs short of being a hipster, and I don't feel like seeing another hipster movie with Michael Cera. Juno was a good movie, but the hipster characters pissed me off.

Plus, it just looks lame... A movie trying to be a video game..? I'd rather play it, except I hate fighting games, so another couple points knocked off.

therookie95

Nov 18, 2009
Eh, I'm still on the fence for this movie, mostly since I don't know if my friends would want to see it.