Escape to the Movies: Shrek For Ever After

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
MR.Spartacus said:
I honestly can't think of a movie series with a good fourth one.
Alien 4 wasn't bad. Or at least is didn't suck as much as the third one. Some of the later Star Trek movies weren't bad (if you're into Star Trek), but then again, the movies acted more like extended episodes. Also, wasn't there a 4th Lethal Weapon? I think that didn't suck as well... ;)

BenzSmoke

Nov 1, 2009
"Where my witches at?" That seems like a stupid thing to say to market a children's movie.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Jing the Bandit said:
J03bot said:
Star Wars? Episode 4 is much better than episodes 1,2 and 3!
What do you mean, that doesn't count?

The Land Before Time? (maybe, I can't remember which one's which)

I googled 'movie series with good 4th', and got Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Terminator, and possibly Twilight. It was the only google search I've done that I've wanted to vomit after seeing the results, and I've seen bad things on there...

So, of all the 4th films I can think of, Harry Potter is the closest to being a good one.
With Star Wars, 1 counts as the fourth.
Hence the section which I've just put in bold above

I hear Transformers 4 is going to be good; the decepticons invade Earth, enslave humanity, and kill Sam Witwicky (this is optional, but will appease many fans). The film features a tiny bit about the human resistance, but is mostly about the robots, and Starscream's revolt against Megatron.

I wish...

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
there is only one shrek movie. the second one is a different series and the other two don't exist. period.

MaraJade03

Jan 14, 2010
J03bot said:
Don't I have to stop acting like a child once I can't say "-teen" after my age? That's gonna be boring... I have less than a week if my childhood left, and Dreamworks are destroying it! Them and the exams.
As someone well past their teens.. No you need not stop acting like a Kid once past teen. In my experience adults act more like kids then kids do! My Nieces Birthday party had a big jumping house with a slide in it. Once I read the warning and told everybody there is no weight limit.... that thing was filled with adults both men and women with like one or two kids. So yea no need to ever really grow up just bigger.

Oh and good luck with exams

MaraJade03

Jan 14, 2010
Eric the Orange said:
MaraJade03 said:
and Tron came out when I was born it's almost 30!!
Oh man I LOVED Tron when I was a kid. That was like my one movie. every kid has one, you know the one you'd watch every day until the tape started to melt (or DVD for the yougins).
The Movie I melted the tape to was The Last Unicorn (another 1982 movie) even used scotch tape to tape the tape back together when it broke. Same thing happen to Disney Sleeping Beauty (1959).

Sev72

Apr 13, 2009
Elesar said:
Firstly: Hey...Dreamworks made Road to El Dorado, and I liked that movie.
Best animated movie ever! On another note, thank god it's finally dead. I actually thought the first one was pretty good but that is the only one I have seen.

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
now lets forget this franchise forever after...the same pun every ************ has been saying about this movie

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
Sev72 said:
Elesar said:
Firstly: Hey...Dreamworks made Road to El Dorado, and I liked that movie.
Best animated movie ever! On another note, thank god it's finally dead. I actually thought the first one was pretty good but that is the only one I have seen.
Yeah you know i liked that movie too but i know many people flat out hated it, not sure why tho, btw Bob are there any other Dreamworks jobs you like sides Shrek 1 n 2?

MB202

Sep 14, 2008

Anyway, I loved the first two Shrek movies, especially the second one, it was so funny! The third... eh. And while I know this one is likely to suck, I still want to see it, if only to see how it all ends... Or maybe I should just wait until it's on DVD so I can rent it and never bother with it again.

BTW, I really liked the Dragon movie, Toothless was so cute in that.

Antacid

Apr 10, 2010
"Remember how good the first Shrek was?"

No.

Oh, and except for the first Toy Story Pixar's movies are all tiresomely generic, unimaginative tosh hiding behind superficially high concepts. Yes, that includes the Incredibles. No, I'm not saying Dreamworks are any better. Hayao Miyazaki, baby!